Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looking for front pads for the my 2010 Genesis RSPEC w/ Brembos...thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Do you sell blanks? not interested in designs that lower braking performance....
Yes I carry blanks, drilled, slotted, custom, dimpled, pretty much anything you can imagine :)

They do.

Thank you for the reply. I didnt notice I been out of the forum a while :(

Looking for front pads for the my 2010 Genesis RSPEC w/ Brembos...thanks.
I carry a few different options for pads. Do you have any specific needs?
Such as track days, or looking for just low dust pads?

·
Registered
514 Posts
what are the weights of the brembo rotors compared to OEM brembo rotors?
I just ordered pads from you guys. I will be ordering rotors soon.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
what are the weights of the brembo rotors compared to OEM brembo rotors?
I just ordered pads from you guys. I will be ordering rotors soon.
The OEM Brembos and our rotors weight the same at 21lb for the fronts and 18.3lb for the rears. They are exactly the same size and thickness so there will be no variation in weight. If your looking to save weight the only option is to go to a big brake kit with a floating 2 piece rotor.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not looking to get that aggressive with braking. What type of rotors will last longer? Slotted? Drilled? Slotted and Drilled?
Assuming normal daily driving condition. Rarely hard braking. My goal is for my rotors and pads to last as long as possible.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Not looking to get that aggressive with braking. What type of rotors will last longer? Slotted? Drilled? Slotted and Drilled?
Assuming normal daily driving condition. Rarely hard braking. My goal is for my rotors and pads to last as long as possible.
Longest lasting rotor... well most likely solid oem style rotor. That this is only going to prolong the life of the PAD by maybe 5-10%.

Next option will be drilled rotors. I used drilled rotors and stoptech pads, lasted me over 60K miles. But I have seen people wear them down at half that. Really depends on your road condition and driving habits then any type of drill pattern.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Longest lasting rotor... well most likely solid oem style rotor. That this is only going to prolong the life of the PAD by maybe 5-10%.

Next option will be drilled rotors. I used drilled rotors and stoptech pads, lasted me over 60K miles. But I have seen people wear them down at half that. Really depends on your road condition and driving habits then any type of drill pattern.
Thanks for the info. I was leaving towards the slotted because they wipe the pads clean and slotted looks sexy :D
Do drilled clean the pads also?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Thanks for the info. I was leaving towards the slotted because they wipe the pads clean and slotted looks sexy :D
Do drilled clean the pads also?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes they do :) Not exactly to the extend of the slotted, but it be fine.

If your leaning towards slotted, I would get the pattern you want. Really, wont make a huge difference in wear.

·
Registered
514 Posts
how about slotted and drilled? Can I get the best of both worlds that way?
I ran R1 slotted and drilled on my G35. As soon as I get headlights in the garage sold I'll be buying rotors from you guys. Amazing price and they look fantastic :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
can you post some pics of your previous made custom slots design pattern?
looking for something like this:

or this (actually i feel these are yours):

However second one is a bit too much

upd: but not that much as this lol

·
Severed member
1,595 Posts
PM shipped to 33777:

2012 2.0T M/T base
-- full set of rotors: drilled

Thanks!

301 - 320 of 835 Posts