Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

141 - 160 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
So I have a 2010 Genesis Coupe Track Edition with Brembos -

Looking to get the R1 Rotors - Slotted only for front and rear, what is the best PAD for daily driver, I NEVER track the car, race, or really drive aggressive, doing this for more of the look to have that purdy rotor behind my wheels is all....

PM me a price for that setup with shipping to 08863

Thank ou!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ended up getting a set of the drilled and slotted rotor's for my 3.8 Track Edition (Bembro's) and have some questions.

When starting the to change out the rear rotor's and pad's we found that the rotor's are 1/4" thinner and were not vented when compared to the stock rotors.

The stock rear rotors look to be 1/2" thick and vented; while the new R1's look to be 1/4" thick and non-vented. It also looks like the stock rears have a brake area about 2 1/8" tall; and the new R1 Concept rears the brake area is 1 7/8" tall (brake area). It looks like the calipers pistons would have to travel an extra 1/4" work and I can't see this being correct.

We went ahead and installed the fronts with the new hawk pads and only ended up changing the pads on the rears until I can confirm that the correct rear rotors were sent.

I think that what was sent to me were rear rotor's for a base model and not the one for the bembro's.

Any help in letting me know if I received the correct rear rotor's would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Psy

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I ended up getting a set of the drilled and slotted rotor's for my 3.8 Track Edition (Bembro's) and have some questions.

When starting the to change out the rear rotor's and pad's we found that the rotor's are 1/4" thinner and were not vented when compared to the stock rotors.

The stock rear rotors look to be 1/2" thick and vented; while the new R1's look to be 1/4" thick and non-vented. It also looks like the stock rears have a brake area about 2 1/8" tall; and the new R1 Concept rears the brake area is 1 7/8" tall (brake area). It looks like the calipers pistons would have to travel an extra 1/4" work and I can't see this being correct.

We went ahead and installed the fronts with the new hawk pads and only ended up changing the pads on the rears until I can confirm that the correct rear rotors were sent.

I think that what was sent to me were rear rotor's for a base model and not the one for the bembro's.

Any help in letting me know if I received the correct rear rotor's would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Psy
Yup your suspisions were correct. The parts shipped out to you were for the NON-Brembo. Replacements shipping out today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you guys still doing a special on the Hawk HPS fronts and rears? If so, please PM me, shipped to 20653 please!

·
Registered
355 Posts
How much for non brembo's drilled and slotted to 60462.

I'll probably track/autocross here and there but not alot so what pads are best?

Also, you guys don't happen to sell brake ducting for our base setups do you?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Are you guys still doing a special on the Hawk HPS fronts and rears? If so, please PM me, shipped to 20653 please!
Prices are still valid. I sent you a PM with the details :)

How much for non brembo's drilled and slotted to 60462.

I'll probably track/autocross here and there but not alot so what pads are best?

Also, you guys don't happen to sell brake ducting for our base setups do you?
PM sent~

Sorry I do not carry any brake ducts :( Although that doesn't seem like a bad part to carry. Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can we get the weight for the front and rear rotors?

Can we get the weight for the front and rear rotors?

·
Genesis 1:1
1,150 Posts
young,

Sent you an email concerning the issues that we discussed.....ran into another issue.....your immediate attention is greatly appreciated.

TG

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
young,

Sent you an email concerning the issues that we discussed.....ran into another issue.....your immediate attention is greatly appreciated.

TG
Sent you a reply! Sorry I'm only here M-F. But your reply was the first thing, when I came in this morning :)

·
Genesis 1:1
1,150 Posts
Young you are the Man! ALL my brake purchased from here on out will come to you!

141 - 160 of 835 Posts