Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've been featuring a new line of racing seats on our site for the past 4 weeks or so and wanted to drop a few photos and info about them here. These are low cost racing seats (starting at $299 a set + Free Shipping) that offer great quality and very detailed yet minimalistic styling. Check out all the details on our newest product feature blog post here...

Blog Post Link: Cheap Racing Seats : Cipher Auto : AutoCity Blog

Also, if you want to do install yourself we've got you covered with our custom Genesis Coupe seat bracket kit. These are model specific to fit the OE Genesis Coupe floor mounting locations and make for a painless install. (We can have custom brackets made up for pretty much any car) If you have any questions please let me know :D

Product Page Links: Universal Racing Seats

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joe i might want the hook up on some red and black 1s ;) you think the red would match my car nice ?
Yea Nikko, the red fabric will be a nice match for sure. We have a new style that isn't listed on the site yet but I think would look really clean in your car too. It's the 1016 Black w/ Red Stitch, here's a couple pictures...

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Any kind of durability or crash testing done with these? I'd like to swap out the red & black factory with some grey and black, but to be honest, the price kind of scares me.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Any kind of durability or crash testing done with these? I'd like to swap out the red & black factory with some grey and black, but to be honest, the price kind of scares me.
Most low cost racing seats are junk with very few exceptions. Cipher Racing Seats are a HUGE exception. Yes they use quality materials, look nice, and are comfortable, but more important is YES they are safe. We have copies of the testing certificates that shows that the construction meets all safety regulations for ADR requirements. ADRs "Australian Design Rules" are national standards for vehicle safety in Australia that also meet U.S. vehicle safety standards.

Here is the internal frame of the Cipher seats. A basic racing seats structural frame is fairly simple... then once fabric designs, name brands, advertising, and company image come into play is where the pricing becomes grossly bloated. Cipher is a low cost, high quality blank labeled racing seat that will not disappoint.

**I'll have a set in my 350z by spring :)

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
guys i will have a set of these in my car in about 2 weeks or so just need to come up with some extra cash so loook in a few weeks for pics and a reveiw ;)

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Most low cost racing seats are junk with very few exceptions. Cipher Racing Seats are a HUGE exception. Yes they use quality materials, look nice, and are comfortable, but more important is YES they are safe. We have copies of the testing certificates that shows that the construction meets all safety regulations for ADR requirements. ADRs "Australian Design Rules" are national standards for vehicle safety in Australia that also meet U.S. vehicle safety standards.

Here is the internal frame of the Cipher seats. A basic racing seats structural frame is fairly simple... then once fabric designs, name brands, advertising, and company image come into play is where the pricing becomes grossly bloated. Cipher is a low cost, high quality blank labeled racing seat that will not disappoint.

**I'll have a set in my 350z by spring :)

Sounds good. I might just have to give em a try.

Do you know if they'll sit higher or lower than OEM seats? I'm 6'6" and don't have a whole lot of headroom even with the OEM seat at its lowest position.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
your really tall lol i would assume they sit lower
Lol, I prefer to think everyone else is just really short :)

I'm thinking they probably sit a little lower or at most the same height. If that's the case, at that price, it's worth a shot at least.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, I prefer to think everyone else is just really short :)

I'm thinking they probably sit a little lower or at most the same height. If that's the case, at that price, it's worth a shot at least.
We do flat brackets with all our seats. (Flat brackets will sit at about the same level as OE brackets sit) We can also do an adjustable brackets that has 3 height settings. The lowest setting will sit slightly lower then the flat brackets. This may be a better option for you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
How much additional are the brackets for the complete install? I believe airbag light will be triggered?

·
The Meanest of the Green
413 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Do they come in any other colors?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like a great deal. Do they come in any other colors?
Here are all the styles so far... Universal Cipher Racing Seats

also, 2 new styles came in last week and those will be added within the next couple days online. One new style I posted photos here for Nikko, and the other one is the same as those but with Grey stitching instead of red.

Also, for anyone that needs the seats w/ brackets i'll hook all GenCoupe.com members up with a $39 discount bringing the total for any set of seats w/ brackets from $488.95 to $449.95 :D ... just phone in to get the special price.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts