Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since winter hit here with the temp being around minus 10 or so my radio won't read my usb stick right. I tried a different stick and thats not it. I mean it still plays songs but the display will show something other then what is playing and it sometimes doesn't respond when I hit next folder or track. Anyone else with this problem I wonder. It's a piss off to say the least. Also I am getting a sqeaking noise from the belt when I first start it up. It goes away after about 1 min but comon. These cars don't like the cold apparently.

·
Premium Member
15,409 Posts
I think its the display and cold weather. The stereo ties into the BCM (body control module) and then the info is pushed to the display via serial. The display has a controller circuit built in.

I have the same issue. Doesn't really bother me because it has the stupid 12 pixel per character display.

I need to get my hands on a KDM display and see if it will be a direct swap and work.

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the display and cold weather. The stereo ties into the BCM (body control module) and then the info is pushed to the display via serial. The display has a controller circuit built in.

I have the same issue. Doesn't really bother me because it has the stupid 12 pixel per character display.

I need to get my hands on a KDM display and see if it will be a direct swap and work.
It sure does suck. I hope it's not permanent damage. I didn't have this issue last winter so I really do think something is broken.

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(conversation with myself);) Actually just some info on what Hyundai said about my radio not working right in the cold. What this guy said and there is nothing they can do.:(
I hope Hyundai can work this bug out for future Genesis Coupe owners.

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
Get used to it. I had this problem last winter and again this winter. There is nothing they can do to fix it. What I DO recommend is warming up the USB stick first. Keep it in your hands or (I hate to say it), put it under your ass when you drive for 10 minutes or so. That actually helps. I think the main problem is when the USB stick is cold itself, and not the car.

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Get used to it. I had this problem last winter and again this winter. There is nothing they can do to fix it. What I DO recommend is warming up the USB stick first. Keep it in your hands or (I hate to say it), put it under your ass when you drive for 10 minutes or so. That actually helps. I think the main problem is when the USB stick is cold itself, and not the car.
I don't think I will stick it under my ass:fleshbox: but I have tried to use a warm mem stick allready. Doesn't matter, warm or cold. The only thing that works is to warm up the car big time. Mabye the 10 minutes that you are driving gives the car time to warm up and the stick under your ass isn't helping. Just sayin.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its due to the cold, electronics are not supposed to be kept anywhere it gets below a certain temperature, I tried booting up my laptop after leaving it in the car all night and it wouldn't boot, once it warmed up everything was fine.

·
Noob
887 Posts
Its due to the cold, electronics are not supposed to be kept anywhere it gets below a certain temperature, I tried booting up my laptop after leaving it in the car all night and it wouldn't boot, once it warmed up everything was fine.
That's because everything on the Grid was frozen and the motorcycles wouldn't start.

:hides behind wall:

·
DJAC Vice President
1,472 Posts
I don't think I will stick it under my ass:fleshbox: but I have tried to use a warm mem stick allready. Doesn't matter, warm or cold. The only thing that works is to warm up the car big time. Mabye the 10 minutes that you are driving gives the car time to warm up and the stick under your ass isn't helping. Just sayin.
Actually, it does. If I let the USB stick stay in the port for the driving period, it still shuffles and says "NO SONG." Now if I warm the USB stick up, it actually reads it. The USB port itself is actually still very cold. So whatever, I offered. :)

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, it does. If I let the USB stick stay in the port for the driving period, it still shuffles and says "NO SONG." Now if I warm the USB stick up, it actually reads it. The USB port itself is actually still very cold. So whatever, I offered. :)
I know, I was just playin around that's all. No hard feelings eh. I am glad that it works for you :) cause it doesn't work for me :( Mabye it's a combo of both the unit warming up and the memory stick. Whatever works right?

·
Noob
887 Posts
I wonder if the southern(U.S.) members have this same problem?
A little bit south of you and no, I have not had this problem.

But about a week or so ago, I launched the car hard off the line and the rear tires spun on the painted lines. When they caught traction, there was a jolt and the USB went off line. I had to restart the car to get it to read again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts