Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I've read, for some its the timing chain and tensioners, for others its the CVVT gears and sometimes it's both. I'm dreading getting this done, how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've read, for some its the timing chain and tensioners, for others its the CVVT gears and sometimes it's both. I'm dreading getting this done, how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
I actually ended up getting the dealership I bought it from used to pay for the timing chain and tensioners ended up costing them 1,905$ taxes in for just labour
All parts cost 1,186$ taxes in

·
Registered
436 Posts
2011 3.8 rattle just had timing chain and tensioners done 1,000km ago along with oil and oil filter
This is the exact sound mine has been making for the last 20,000 miles or so. Doesn't do it on every cold start up. More like every other start. Very embarrassing. Depending on who you talk to, some will say to get it fixed asap. Others say it's only an annoyance. It won't hurt anything. Just run it.🤔

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the exact sound mine has been making for the last 20,000 miles or so. Doesn't do it on every cold start up. More like every other start. Very embarrassing. Depending on who you talk to, some will say to get it fixed asap. Others say it's only an annoyance. It won't hurt anything. Just run it.🤔
If it’s brief like less than 3 seconds it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve had the same sound go on for over a year now

·
Registered
35 Posts
I own a ‘13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with 70k on the dash. My car has been making a rattle sound on start ups as well, though it’s for only about a second or two.

I haven’t had any problems with it thus far but we’ll see what happens. Like these guys have said, maybe it’s the timing chain or tensors.. yes it is quite embarrassing to have others hear it lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts