Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This noise is one of my new problems with the car as well. Around 2500 rev the rattling noise keeps coming from inside steering wheel or from tachometer. I tried using my hands to stop it but I just couldn't find what is causing it. It is definitely coming from somewhere inside. Anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
245 Posts
yup - had a rattle from the buttons on the wheel - had the dealer put more foam in around it... problem fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
StngSobad the shift knob makes noise once in a while but it is really rare so I didn't care much about it. However your other guess was a hit! I put my foot on the clutch pedal and it all stopped. Now how to fix this without driving for 30 minutes to dealer...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just ducked my head under there - don't know if your vehicle is missing these, but there are about 5 little rubber self adhesive grommets - for lack of a better word - that are on the back side of the pedal and around the pedal stop point.

Are these missing on yours?

·
Projekt Soju
993 Posts
i get a rattle when going over not so well roads, kinda sounds like plastic rattling from something not tightened down well enough, sounds around the a pillar.

·
Registered
245 Posts
probably exactly that then - take it in to the dealer and have um verify and fix :) The dealer I go to did wonders with my squeaker of a steering wheel

·
Projekt Soju
993 Posts
probably exactly that then - take it in to the dealer and have um verify and fix :) The dealer I go to did wonders with my squeaker of a steering wheel
will do! hopefully it gets cleared up, getting kind of annoyed by it, being stationed in NM sucks, the roads in the **** town surrounding the base are ridiculous:(
-Flipp

·
Gen Coupe 2.0/Manual
77 Posts
I get Rattling from both drivers side and passenger side Pillars..if I press against the plastic it stops that vibration but it seems like its not clipped on securely. Also i get a slight vibration from my shift knob once in a while if my hand is resting on it applying a little pressure...when I let go it stops.
Lastly I heard some kind of weird vibration or rattling when I rev up my engine, I pin pointed the vibration to a clip that is broken on my engine cover.
I went over to Cooksville Hyundai and the guy at the service counter said it probably wouldn't be covered under warranty because i have had an oil change and that someone probably over tightened a screw...I mentioned that the cover doesn't need to be removed to have an oil change and I haven't touched it. It must have been broken from the factory and I just didn't notice it at first.
He was closing I guess and he didn't want to hear it, he said comeback on Monday and a service manager will make the call. This was on a Saturday. I guess i'll just go to my own dealer who I bought the car from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts