Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 genesis coupe here.

I only went in to the dealership for oil changes and transmission replacement so far. I never went for the scheduled services.

1. Do I really need to get brake fluids, power steering fluids, coolant, etc flushed? the manual says nothing about flushing anything.

2. The friction component of the brake pad is about the same width as the steel back. Should i be changing my brakepads at all? I'm at 98000km at the moment and I don't think it should be lasting this long even though I don't have any squeaking noise or notice any braking issues.

3. What are the things that actually need to get replaced at this mileage?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Of course its always better to change fluids then let them go. That said i own 5 cars including my 14 ultimate coupe,i live in a dry desert climate, i change oil and filter in each myself every 3k, more often than necessary i know but old habits die hard. I inspect other fluids, it they look or smell suspicious i change them, but not unless and they usually appear fine and get left alone. My cars all get used alot, except for the coupe its just my toy, and ive never been stuck or had break downs on the side of the road. My 96 Civic which i drive daily has 246000 miles and is still going strong, the origional upper radiator hose was dripping around the clamp last month so I replaced it and the coolant, proably should have done it when i replaced the $80 radiator when i discovered a slight crack in the radiator tank at 200000 miles. It kind of depends on your personal situation, how mechanicly inclined are you? Are you the type to open the hood once a week and take a look at fluids,belts, and hoses and catch little problems before they leave you stranded? If yes then save your money and get as much use out of your car as possible before parting with your hard earned cash. If your a put gas in and forget about it type, which theres nothing necessarly wrong with,get stuff changed so you dont get caught by suprise. Sorry for the long post.

·
Love the corners
27 Posts
Flush the transmission and differential every 50K miles. Drain the power steering and brake fluids then refill. If you have a standard drain and refill the clutch fluids. Go DOT4 on the brake and clutch fluids as it retains less moisture and works great.

If your brake pads and rotors are gripping then they ain't broke don't fix them until they do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 2010 3.8 actually turned 100,000 km( 62,000 miles ) yesterday. Only thing I have done is oil and filter changes. Changed the tranny fluid as well.
..Bought it 3 or 4 years ago with 32,000 miles on it. Its going in storage till the spring. Only thing im doing to it then is another oil and filter change, plugs, serpintine belt change, brake pads and a fuel filter.
Aside from a shitty 5th gear grind...its been a reliable car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts