Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beginner
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How the heck do you get the two license lights before installing the bumper back on? And I've been trying for over 4-6 hours trying to get the rear bumper back on because the darn stupid shop forgot to put my license lights back in (mind you the car has been in the shop for over a month). And every time it's either short on the right side or the left. I'm pretty sure the rear bumper shouldn't be this much of a pain in the arse to put back on. Any advice?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
I don't know but on my 2010 they didn't leave enough wire on the lamps. You can barely change the bulb.

·
Beginner
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know but on my 2010 they didn't leave enough wire on the lamps. You can barely change the bulb.
Okay good, so it's not just me going really bananas over how impractical the length of the blue bulb is.

·
158 Posts
My passenger side lamp had enough wire to wrap around the planet at least ten times. The drivers side required a microscope and tweezers.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
The only way I could change the drivers side bulb was to grab the back of the plug near the wire with a 45* long handled needle nose and pull the wire tight.

·
GenCoupeDXB
62 Posts
i change my license plate bulbs easily just pop out the whole light assembly with a flat head and then twist the bulbs out replace them and pop it back into place, the wire isnt very long but its doable no issues for me

·
Beginner
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the problem isn't about changing the bulbs, that's easy, the problem is reassembling the rear bumper with the lights already out and hanging with only one a pair of hands. If you've ever completely taken off your rear bumper and then reassembled it you'd know how ridiculously tedious the process is.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Could you tie a string or wire around the license plate wireing, fish the string through the holes in the bumper, then use the string to pull the wire through after the bumper cover is on.

·
Beginner
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you tie a string or wire around the license plate wireing, fish the string through the holes in the bumper, then use the string to pull the wire through after the bumper cover is on.
That was my next plan of action but then I realized hey, the shop screwed this up, so they're going to fix it. Took it to them and they did it in less than 20 minutes.
It was my first plan to just take it to them anyways but I figured hey, they're just license plate lights, how hard could it be? (wrong move)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts