Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have noticed that my car has a click noise coming from the back (most likely the diff) when i come off the line, im not punching the car just regular driving...anyone else having the same problem? The car only has 250 miles, it shouldnt be making any noises at all correct? :dunno::(

please help!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I'd drive that strait to the dealer and have a tech check it out bud. And no, that's not normal unless its a sound I've never noticed in the Genesis

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
250 miles.. dealer. Now. better yet throw the keys at the rep when you get there and tell him to give you a new car. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these posi units gear driven with no clutches? Granted I haven't seen mine with the cover off, the pics Hyundai show looks like a truetrac.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
It's a torsen lsd. Usually clicks at drive wheels are the axle nuts not being tight enough. Elantras like to come from the factory with axle nuts not tight enough.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, after saying it seems normal the service guy at my dealership told me to schedule a check. So tomorrow it goes in to find out what that klunk really is. My R-Spec just hit 7500.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I took my back to the dealership, they're going to try and get
Me another one..so til then I'm carless but hey I got my 7k back in my pocket :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts