Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having problem installing my new coilover. When I try to remove the rear end link nut the bolt spining but the nut doesn't move. I've try impact , 17 mm in the rear but I can't fit my wrench streight so the rear 17 mm bolt slip.

Do you guys have others idea ? :dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
402 Posts
use a hex key inside the bolt

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sway bar End link? I had to remove the sway bar brackets, that allowed me to get a 17mm open end wrench into place on the back of the end link. With the sway bar brackets in place, there was no way to fit the wrench up there.

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
There is a hex on the inside of the end link that you have to take a box wrench and hold while someone impacts the end link off. Look on the inside of the bolt there should be space for a wrench. Look here at the bottom of the bolt. The part that is slightly bent on the bolt itself lol not the bent endlink. There is a flat spot of the bolt

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
Sway bar End link? I had to remove the sway bar brackets, that allowed me to get a 17mm open end wrench into place on the back of the end link. With the sway bar brackets in place, there was no way to fit the wrench up there.
Lol it's the tightest place in the world but it will fit. Almost lost the wrench and had to leave it in there. Hahah I was able to get it out but yeah probably not bolting up the bracket is probably your easiest bet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts