Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just got a new 2011 Genesis Coupe a month ago and have been experiencing a bushing, creaking sound from the rear passenger and driver side when the body flexes (turning into my driveway)
I took it to the dealer to have them look into this matter and they came back telling me something in the suspension needed to be "banged" at it was binding. They did not tell me what the issue was nor did I get the chance to see the repair order as i picked the car up when the service dept was closed. The noise was gone for all of a day and has come back (only when its 2 degrees or below). I did a search on the net and I know people have this issue as well but there does not seem to be any resolution to this issue. If anyone has successfully gotten this issue fixed can you please let me know what the remedy is? I am not impressed with the dealer, they couldn't give a .......
So who has successfully had theirs fixed correctly? And what was the issue?
Thanks again!
Sean:mad:

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
Chant for Spring time!

Hi Guys,
The noise was gone for all of a day and has come back (only when its 2 degrees or below).
And what was the issue?
Sean:mad:
Lack of warm weather is the cause.
The issue is the GC is not at it's best below 20 F.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I've tightened every suspension bolt I can on the rear end using a torque wrench to check to specs & all were fine. I also done the TSB for insulating where the silver metal panels behind the plastic interior quarters meet the body. Hopefully in will make a difference when I start driving it again. I'm also contemplating the fact it may have to do with the LSD & I was advised that Torsion type LSDs can get out of sync, but can be corrected by doing slow figure eights in a parking lot, so I guess its worth a try.

·
Top Gear FTW
1,033 Posts
same here. any steep incline like going into a shopping mall. maybe it has something to do with loose bolts on my coilovers? its worse when the weather is cold.

·
Super Junior Member
136 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have this issue too, and I'm on stock suspension. Anyone figure out how to describe this issue to the techs--or get it fixed?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have this issue too, and I'm on stock suspension. Anyone figure out how to describe this issue to the techs--or get it fixed?
Mine used to do that all the time. Dealership was no help, just told me "That's normal, we can't fix it". I never was able to find out why it did that, or why it stopped.

Try to figure out if it's actually the suspension making the noise or if it's the frame/ body.

·
Registered
44 Posts
just figured i'd chime in - it's happened on my car ever since i bought it. it hasn't annoyed me enough to take it to the dealership yet though.

·
Super Junior Member
136 Posts
Yeah its more of a creaking whenever I go up a steep incline. It's one of those things that you feel like shouldn't happen when you pay 30k for a car. Haha, I think there was a TSA for this too..

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
http://www.gencoupe.com/australia/13643-rattle-creak-fix.html

Page 2 has the link to the TSB.

I have the exact same problem and the f'n service writer is trying to blame it on my car being lowered when it made the sound before that. Hes telling me its probably a sway bar bushing...WTF? At that point they should have just dropped a cage and let us brawl. Its def a body creak and not a suspension creak, at least for me

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts

I have the exact same problem and the f'n service writer is trying to blame it on my car being lowered when it made the sound before that. Hes telling me its probably a sway bar bushing...WTF? At that point they should have just dropped a cage and let us brawl. Its def a body creak and not a suspension creak, at least for me
+1 I don't think it's the suspension making that noise, I just had mine changed out for coil-overs and that sound happened again yesterday (first time in months tho).

·
Jack of All Trades
839 Posts
yeah i have the creaking too until i realized what it was.

If you look in our trunks, underneath the mat there is a piece of foam that is used for support and so forth. the creaking actually comes from the foam rubbing against the inner body of the car.

i've figured this out when i was installing my Subs. After when i took everything out to fit my dumbass box into my trunk i was running late to get to school. so then when i went over bumps, and hard turns i noticed that the creaking was gone.

Then after installing everything back. the creaking came back. haha...but the only was to fix this is to put a piece of felt between the foam and body where they make contact.

hope this helps. personally i got use to it and was paranoid but now u know it doesn't bug me as much.

peace

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
^ At least for me, you have a different creak. My car doesn't make any noise over bumps, it's just when you stop and then get out of the car that the rear creaks.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Mine did this quite badly after lowering but very careful corner balancing (in height, not weight) cured the problem completely. The ends of my car seemed to keep changing heights, or I just measured poorly, or they settled, or the rings spun, etc...

W/ coil-overs invest in a wooden yardstick (cost $.67 at HD) as it's the best tool to measure suspension height.

·
Spy
1,301 Posts
^ At least for me, you have a different creak. My car doesn't make any noise over bumps, it's just when you stop and then get out of the car that the rear creaks.
How much do you weigh? :p

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts

Yeah, it really sounds like a body crack, I have it too. I thought it was since after the repair following the guy rear ending me.
I also read that subsequent post about the foam in the trunk, I'll try it because sometimes it really sounds like it is coming from the trunk. Same as everybody, mostly at low speed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got that rear-end creak going to and I think it is coming from the trunk. When I squeeze the passenger-side hinge between my thumb and index finger, it moves side-to-side ever so slightly and makes a noise. I am going to start my investigation there and see if I can narrow it down. Its really annoying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the creaky rear end suspension/body noise as well. I actually noticed it's worse in the HEAT and goes away in the COLD which is backwards from everyone else. Lucky for me, I live where it's hot 8 months out of the year so I only get a couple months of reprieve before it starts creaking and moaning and groaning. It's like whenever the suspension is under unusual load like torsional forces on the body when turning up into a driveway. Also going over speed bumps will make it do it too. I also agree, a $30k car shouldn't sound like a 1970's model hoopty.

I'm gonna try to look at this foam and felt business that rblr87 mentioned to see if that eliminates the issue.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts