Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2010 Bk1 2.0t A/T, I got into a miner incedent where my car spone out on a patch of dirt and the rear right hit a ditch this bent the rear camber arm and caused the car to shift and put the weight on one side and lean on it then lean on the other.

I fixed this by replacing all rear control arms with the adjustable isr racing control arms from genracer they also did a alignment as expected after installing.
I also replaced the rear sway bar with a oem one because the old one was rusted out.

Note these are the only modification from stock on the car.

Over time this is when the swaying started.

Now when I drive on any road if it slightly raises or dipps the car feels like the rear is shoved left and right it feels like the lsd is amplifying this behavior when the weight shifts left to right, and it is getting worse every day.

The steering wheel and input are firm and tire pressure is up to spec.
If I push down on the rear there is no bounce or recoil it feels solid.

My friend notes there was a clunk sound coming from the rear when driving on uneven surfaces and said it might be the struts.
So far I have had 3 alignments
Do you think it might be the struts?

If so does anyone have some old oem struts lying around form coilovers swaps that they are willing to part with for cheap because I can't afford coilovers.

I literally use this as a dayly driver for work.

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
Take it in to a certified shop .It is difficult to say what a problem could be when variables have been changed with non OEM parts .Stay away from used crap, you should always invest in new critical parts.Your life depends on it .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problem is i am currently driving on a broken or damaged part even a used part is better than that.
i cant afford $500 coilovers.
i figured almost everyone here swapped their oem struts for coil overs to drop 2" off their ride height, so they either sold the oem parts or still have them.
anyways the mechanics in my area are not worth their salt they keep telling me to get a alignment with ought checking or testing the issue then it falls out of spec whiten 2 weeks.

i decided to come here to ask and see if anyone knows if bad rear struts would cause what im experiencing

cheap alternative parts would be nice too.
i saw a set of coilovers for $300 but i assume that is a bad idea so i asked for used oem ones.

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
There is always someone selling used parts on FaceBook. Unless damaged I would say the OE suspension parts are good for +100k miles.
I agree .

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
problem is i am currently driving on a broken or damaged part even a used part is better than that.
i cant afford $500 coilovers.
---------------- I most likely have the fastest 1/4 Gen Coupe on this forum and am not running coil overs .Good coil over run about $ 3,500 and up which is why most have problems with cheap knock offs units .Most want adjustability in lowering or going after ill fated stance style hence the want for cheap non performing coil overs .I run eibach springs and bilstein b8's shocks on the rear and struts up front .5 years ,hard running and zero problems .Fix what you have and save up for better items .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks i will look into the bilstein shocks, any specific ones you recommend?

Edit: after some research I notice Bilstein b8 are made for lowered vehicles, I can't do anything to the front so I was thinking about Bilstein b6 for the rear and waiting to upgrade the front. Will this cause any issues?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts