Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
well you're still gonna skim cut the fly wheel clutch surface to true it up ,or check the run out to see if it needs it. I always liked having it done whenever out even if run out OK to have that nice new machined surface for the clutch plate . But all that stuff is entirely up to the person building the engine.all this other is only suggestions.
When you say skim the flywheel are you referencing the one that was in the car? Because i ordered a new one and clutch and everything so nothings getting reused

·
Registered
121 Posts
When you say skim the flywheel are you referencing the one that was in the car? Because i ordered a new one and clutch and everything so nothings getting reused
yes, the original flywheel. If you are getting all new clutch& flywheel you can't do better than that. Also, 1 of the reasons these forums are good is that (me) can always learn. I take back now what I said about using grade 8 bolts (6 rays marking, not 8) What you said got me thinking & those bolts are more like spec parts I think ,w/ specific length, boss , thread class fit, material , & throwing some bolts no matter what the grade probably isn't the best way to go. when you think of that flywheel spinning 6000rpm or more then the force of the clutch dumped on it locktite or not the bolts need to be correct, like OEM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
yes, the original flywheel. If you are getting all new clutch& flywheel you can't do better than that. Also, 1 of the reasons these forums are good is that (me) can always learn. I take back now what I said about using grade 8 bolts (6 rays marking, not 8) What you said got me thinking & those bolts are more like spec parts I think ,w/ specific length, boss , thread class fit, material , & throwing some bolts no matter what the grade probably isn't the best way to go. when you think of that flywheel spinning 6000rpm or more then the force of the clutch dumped on it locktite or not the bolts need to be correct, like OEM.
Yeah maybe if the bearing was still intact but it was gone just completely gone there was no way to justify keeping it in there haha its probably half the clatter and vibrations i was hearing and feeling but yeah i ordered a set of arp ones that AKGC posted and they should get here today so ideally everythings set and done by today but its raining and im doing this on a driveway so hears to hoping it stops long enough when i can get it all assembled today

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So update i got my parts yesterday i had the run around be done to me so i got everything in but the bell housing just doesnt want to seal im like a half an inch off but could it be because of the bearing? I pumped it with brake fluid before installing so it was pretty firm and when i try and look through the side of the transmission i just see the bearing up against the the pressure plate
should bleed some fluid out of it? Last time i did this i was pretty much in the home stretch at this point it wasnt giving me an issue like this

·
Registered
121 Posts
So update i got my parts yesterday i had the run around be done to me so i got everything in but the bell housing just doesnt want to seal im like a half an inch off but could it be because of the bearing? I pumped it with brake fluid before installing so it was pretty firm and when i try and look through the side of the transmission i just see the bearing up against the the pressure plate View attachment 77405 View attachment 77406 should bleed some fluid out of it? Last time i did this i was pretty much in the home stretch at this point it wasnt giving me an issue like this
So update i got my parts yesterday i had the run around be done to me so i got everything in but the bell housing just doesnt want to seal im like a half an inch off but could it be because of the bearing? I pumped it with brake fluid before installing so it was pretty firm and when i try and look through the side of the transmission i just see the bearing up against the the pressure plate View attachment 77405 View attachment 77406 should bleed some fluid out of it? Last time i did this i was pretty much in the home stretch at this point it wasnt giving me an issue like this
could the splines on transmission shaft be hitting on the clutch disk ? give it a shake?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
could the splines on transmission shaft be hitting on the clutch disk ? give it a shake?
I got it all back together but when i went to put it in gear it wouldnt go in and the clutch was really stiff so im gonna try bleeding it today if nothing i guess i just have to drop it again

41 - 46 of 46 Posts