Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 GenCoupe 2.0T that will be 6 years old in a couple months. Just shy of 60K miles on the odometer. I plan on keeping the car for awhile since it's paid for and only gets used for groceries and road-trips (spend most of my time on the street-bike).

Car is stock, but I do beat on it once it's warmed up. I was planning to have the following services performed:

• Coolant Fluid Replacement
  • Transmission Fluid Replacement
  • Brake Fluid Replacement
  • Rear Differential Fluid Replacement
  • Oil Change
  • Power Steering Fluid Replacement

Any other maintenance items I should have done?

*Edit - Changed spark plugs at 50K

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Changing all the fluids is great preventive maintenance plan.
Cabin air filter and intake filter is what i would add.

Run fuel cleanner in gas tank (1 full can of Seafoam). And 1 full can of valve cleanner (your valves are very gumed up by now).

Section 7-8 owners manual has all services broken down per milage. I would never bother taking a car to dealership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,430 Posts
Cabin air filters are around $10 but the dealer will want near $70 to change it. Simple job on the Gen Coupe to change it. As well as the engine air filter.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I have a drop-in K&N filter that gets cleaned and re-lubed every oil change (4,000mi OCI). Also have replaced the cabin air filter a few times already- no way I'd let someone charge me $70 to un-hinge a glovebox. That, and I live pretty close to the recent Thomas Fire in SoCal, so it's probably caked with ash.

Looking at the maintenance schedule on their website, it looks like under severe conditions, manual transmission and rear diff flush aren't due until 75K. I'll probably hold off on those two to space out the cost.

I did notice valve clearance check is due. Shim under bucket design, with no shims from what I read? I can check the clearances, but if they're on the tight side, would rather button her up and let the dealer pull the cams. Any cases of burned valves on these 2.0T under 100K miles?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,430 Posts
You can check them and deal with any issues later. it's quite involved to actually get the buckets you need for the proper clearance.

My last couple of cars had buckets but a shim on top you could pop out and replace. Unlike having to buy the right sized bucket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts