Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm looking into getting rid of my secondary cats by installing test pipes into my 2013 Genesis 3.8 track. I have a stillen quad tip exhaust and am wondering if a test pipe will give me a raspy sound which I don't want ? Would you guys recommend a resonated test pipe or straight through? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,108 Posts
I assume this is you asking the same thing on this clip?

Straight test pipes will add some volume and rasp, how much depends on your particular exhaust, the Stillen is a true dual system with resonators and mufflers, you should hear very little is any rasp added with straight test pipes. If you're really worried about it and can't find sound clips that get you the answer you need you can go resonated and you'll have no issues. Fortunately test pipes are pretty cheap and easy to install and uninstall, either way if you don't like the results it's easy to go back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that was me commenting on the video lol but yea I'm glad to hear that it won't be adding much, if any, rasp to the exhaust. If I decide to go with the resonated TP, the sound will just be quieter than straight TP? And which brand would you recommend for either of the Test Pipes?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,108 Posts
Depo is popular for straight pipes. For resonated there aren't really any options anymore, I have Nameless resonated test pipes which are top quality if you can find a set (used), otherwise you can have a set made from Vibrant resonators or similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got you man. I appreciate the answer and hopefully the straight test pipes don't give me too much trouble!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts