Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Former 350z driver
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if removing the second cat and resonator will gain anything on the stock pipes and exhaust. Right now I don't have the funds for a real exhaust and it will be awhile before I get one. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
go witht he turboxs stealthback! Def helps in the performance section. Sound ain't bad either!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Resonator? 0 gains
Secondary cat? About 5whp & 3-4tq. So little you wont even feel the change and exhaust will sound just about the same

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
How about if you remove both cats? Cause im getting the reflash from br this saturday and i was wondering if i should remove all my cats is it worth it?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
How about if you remove both cats? Cause im getting the reflash from br this saturday and i was wondering if i should remove all my cats is it worth it?
you will need to get an after market 02 housing. you can get them from br as well. a local muffler cant eliminate the primary cat because the whole assembly is made of iron i believe and they will prob make a mess

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
you will need to get an after market 02 housing. You can get them from br as well. A local muffler cant eliminate the primary cat because the whole assembly is made of iron i believe and they will prob make a mess
if they cut off the primary cat and just weld a pipe there is that possible i know my cel will come on or do i need the o2 housing no matter what?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
if they cut off the primary cat and just weld a pipe there is that possible i know my cel will come on or do i need the o2 housing no matter what?
trust me its better if you get the 02 housing. ive seen them here used for cheap

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just get the turboxs stealthback! i have it on mine it elminates both cats and is pretty cheap. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I already have a downpipe that replaces the secondary cat. But if I knew about the turboxs stealthback before I would have gotten it. Pretty good item for it's price. And best part about it, removes both cats.

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Just get the turboxs stealthback! i have it on mine it elminates both cats and is pretty cheap. Worth every penny.
There is a video of it on Youtube, it seems to sound VERY nice:

Can you give us your feedback? How did it feel in terms of power? Does it make your turbo spool earlier than stock?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
i just put in a 3" catback from the main cat to the stock mufflers so i guess a 3" mid pipe what is the pipe from turbo down called? (down pipe i thought) essentially i want to remove mt primary cat without a cel if possible

1 - 16 of 16 Posts