Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I'm in search of information where to buy and how to replace passenger low beam bulb in my 2010 Gen Coupe.
I'm being told I have to remove the bumper and the bulb cost over $100.00..:surprise::frown:

Would anyone happen to have a bulb for sell? (someone that has mod changes to their headlights)

Instructions on changing bulb without removing bumper.

thank you all in advance

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have not yet bought headlight.. can anyone help me.
Thanks mush appreicated

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
You do not need to remove the bumper cover on the BK1s. Take out the one phillips head plastic rivet by the inside lower corner of the headlight and pop the bumper cover over the pin and the two 10mm bolts. Then push sharply straight out from behind. When reinstalling be sure the bolt holes are lined up perfect before tightening back down.

Once the headlight is out you remove the cover and the bulb is clipped down and rest on top of a curly metal spring thingy.

You can find the bulbs on ebay way cheaper than most places.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heartfelt thank you for responding. I truly appreciate your advice/input.
I'm unsure what type of lights to buy. There are some that the volt is 12V and others that its 85V
Advance Auto Sylvania 85V 35W 3200LM 4150 K
Ebay cnbatteries 12V 35W 3600LM 5000k
Dealer Philips Xenstart 12V 35W LM?? K??

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
You would want the 12v ones. They have the 85v starter circuit in the bulb base.

I got this off ebay a few years ago. The Osram 66142 35W 4300K OSRAM D1S HID XENON BULBS was the exact replacement. It probably has been superseded by new numbers now though as the 66412 does not come up. Beware of fakes....

66142 35W 4300K OSRAM D1S HID XENON BULBS | eBay

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts