Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need to replace my Ac compressor for my 2011. Has anyone done this by their self. I was wondering how hard it will be? I know I need to evacuate the lines. But is it a simple remove and replace the Ac compressor?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,557 Posts
Yes the hoses should just unbolt from the compressor. Be sure to lube the orings when reinstalling with a bit of compressor oil.

How many miles? You will need a good vacuum and recharge afterwards with enough oil for the compressor. Be aware there is already oil in there but laying about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
122k km on the car so about 76000 miles. Getting to the bolts is hard. What’s the best/easiest way to get to the bolts and remove the compressor.

Yes the hoses should just unbolt from the compressor. Be sure to lube the orings when reinstalling with a bit of compressor oil.

How many miles? You will need a good vacuum and recharge afterwards with enough oil for the compressor. Be aware there is already oil in there but laying about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I need to replace my Ac compressor for my 2011. Has anyone done this by their self. I was wondering how hard it will be? I know I need to evacuate the lines. But is it a simple remove and replace the Ac compressor?
Did you ever figure out how to get the A/C Compressor out? I am replacing the one on my 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. So far I have everything unbolted and unplugged, however I cannot find out how to get the compressor itself out of the engine bay. Any insight on how you managed to squeeze that thing out would be much appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to get the A/C Compressor out? I am replacing the one on my 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. So far I have everything unbolted and unplugged, however I cannot find out how to get the compressor itself out of the engine bay. Any insight on how you managed to squeeze that thing out would be much appreciated! Thanks
I have the same issue. I was thinking I might have to remove the alternator. Did you figure out can slip out from the engine bay without further parts removal. Any insight would be great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. I was thinking I might have to remove the alternator. Did you figure out can slip out from the engine bay without further parts removal. Any insight would be great!
I found that you have to take the Radiator Fan off to get the AC Compressor out. Once the fan is out you can pull the compressor right out of the top of the engine bay. That is the only part that needs removed. Everything above the compressor can stay in place unless you are trying to give yourself more room to work with the bolts and Compressor hoses. I hope this works for you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I was just going to evaluate what parts to remove to get it out.
For me it would be easier form the bottom as I use a hoist but there is no easy engine mount to unbolt to move the engine a bit with a support to open a gap.

BTW I was thinking of pulling the alternator but i'll like remove the rad fan now as per your success.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Much much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to let you know.

Don't bother with the rad fan.

Just remove the intake pipe and coolant reservoir 5 min work. Lots of room to get to the bolts now also and it squeezes out no issues.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts