Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this was already covered in some other thread!

I'm looking to replace all the fake silver trim inside my 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8GT. You know, the stuff on the center console, steering wheel, door accents, etc. Ideally, I'd like to replace it with something dark gray or CF look.

Has anyone ever done this to theirs?
How is the original stuff put on?
Do you have to remove the original trim or just put the new over it?
Any recommedations on where to go to buy repalcement trim?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Apologies if this was already covered in some other thread!

I'm looking to replace all the fake silver trim inside my 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8GT. You know, the stuff on the center console, steering wheel, door accents, etc. Ideally, I'd like to replace it with something dark gray or CF look.

Has anyone ever done this to theirs?
How is the original stuff put on?
Do you have to remove the original trim or just put the new over it?
Any recommedations on where to go to buy repalcement trim?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide!
:gc-Smiley-UseSearch

http://www.gencoupe.com/interior-20...millen-racing-carbon-fiber-interior-trim.html

http://www.gencoupe.com/media/112117-post-picture-your-interior.html

·
NDA 380GT
437 Posts
You can also order the 2011 center console parts which are dark grey. Only caveat is the navi surround is connected to the navi so you would need to wrap it or something. I guess same goes for the steering wheel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Uh dam, $2,200 is crazy.
If you are in a large city with vinyl wrap guys you might try finding one that would be willing to wrap it. They can do a nice carbon fiber look or any color you can think of in either glass or Matte finish.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just buy the 2011 replacement parts from ebay. Shouldn't cost more then like $400 I would say for everything

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
I custom painted mine. 10$ worth of spray paint, sanders, and clear coat and it looks completely 100% different

Here's a pic of what mine looks like, kinda bad lighting though:(:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I custom painted mine. 10$ worth of spray paint, sanders, and clear coat and it looks completely 100% different

Here's a pic of what mine looks like, kinda bad lighting though:(:
I like that you left a little bit of the silver in the center console. If you'd have completely blackened it, the rest of the car would have looked a tad off. Looks really nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts