Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody done it yet? I snapped one of my wheel studs off on my drivers rear. I bought another stud, took the rotor and caliper off. Knocked out the broken stud and thats where i'm stuck at. I can't get the replacement stud in. Anybody know what else needs to be removed so I can get this in? Thanks

·
See You Spring 2013
4,727 Posts
**** man happened to me when the new wheels got put on my buddy did it for me at his shop I will ask tomorrow. I know it will be longer then you want to wait but I will try to help.

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
cant you just pull it thru by tightening the lug nut on top of it?

·
Car#630
152 Posts
I apologize for bring back a old thread. I searched for 2 days now and I can't find a clear tips/instruction on how to replace the rear. I recently changed out the front and it was easy. I snapped 2 more studs at the track while changing wheel and I had enough with stock studs, and I'm thinking about switching all of them to ARP wheel studs.
I peeked around and noticed the rear looks like a PITA, and I'm hoping one of you can shed some light and share how to make this task less painful.

thanks

·
Car#630
152 Posts
well, come to find out there's really no easy way. We basically broke loose the big castle nut off the half shaft, removed 4 M10 bolts from the back and pull the entire hub assembly off the rear upright.
Using a hydraulic press made everything a piece of cake. First corner almost took us an hour, then the rest of the 3 corners only took us 15 mins each.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Firestone crosstreaded my bolt when putting my wheel on, so when I went to take it off it snapped.
Happened to me too...luckily i snapped a stud off my spacers though. I did it myself though, cross threaded without knowing and used a torque wrench... Sheared the stud clean off at the shop lol

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
226 Posts
Where are you guys buying replacement studs? Autozone doesn't carry them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well,

I have a 2013.. Broke a rear stud. Bought new one from local parts store. I took off caliber and rotor. I was able to finesse the stud in with SLIGHT tapping so the back of the stud was almost flush against the protective plate, then I slowly turned the base onto the stud. Slight tapping on back of stud and it popped right in. No need to take off half the suspension. No damage. Worked just fine. Normal size stud.

Took about 30 minutes for entire job. (including getting tools n all out of my shed haha.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts