Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new gc 3.8 rspec she come tuesday i cant wait:D:D.
one of my friends was telling me how his dad bought some really good spark plugs for his ram and his dad said he could feel a difference with then new ones. so i was thinking doing this to mine since i think spark plugs wont make a difference with the warranties on the car.
and any ideas on other things the wont void the warrenty?

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
You can't void a warranty, though you can get a claim rejected. If you install something and say it is gapped wrong or the wrong temperature and it causes misfires and washing walls or detonation and melted piston, than it is on you.

That being said, it is highly unlikely anything like that will happen and you will 99% chance be fine swapping them out. If your A/C breaks or even a red bearing is spun, there is a 99.9% chance your stil have a valid warranty claim. Thye have to prove your mod affected the issue. Much like changing your own oil. It doesn't void your warranty, but if you do it wrong or don't fill it the whole way, your claim will be denied. I say 99.9 because some people are just greedy or stupid, and that is what lawyers are for. If you didn't cause the issue, you shouldn't have to pay for it if you ahve a warranty.

So basicaly go ahead and swap, just do things correctly and you have nothing to worry about.

That being said, I did a write up on plugs and I don't think you will find any difference from a brand new plug let alone an irridium which I know is used on the 2.0t though I am not sure about the 3.8.
http://www.gencoupe.com/articles-en...selection-info-settings-how-change-clean.html

I am assuming your friends dad was either a culprit of the placebo affect, orhe had old plugs and the new plugs did help, or his old plugs were gapped wrong and the new ones were right.

But apply the warranty advice to any mod you want to do. Be aware of what it is, how to do it right, the issues it cand and can't cause.

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
the densos that come in the car, are suppose to be good for 100K miles. Unless there is something wrong with them, I suggest you don't change them. checking them every oil change is a good idea though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the warrenty does make sense, good explanation. what do you think would be some good little engine mods like that ya know just replacing some stock parts for now

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
plugs are useless till u do a forced induction swap or something with big hp....i suggest going exhaust,intake, and others little things

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
^ and thats because you need a step colder plugs for the added heat.

intake is a good idea.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Get a hold of SFR for a program.

That $400 will give you more hp and mileage than $3000 of bolt-ons would and w/ none of the downsides like noise or dust ingestion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the densos that come in the car, are suppose to be good for 100K miles. Unless there is something wrong with them, I suggest you don't change them. checking them every oil change is a good idea though.
Yes well that said i changed mine at 51k and was glad i did.
Easier starts and runs like it did when it was new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts