Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. I kept the extra Key Fob from my totaled 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T. I called the Dealership to see if they could make the 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Key Fob work for my 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. They said its useless to even try and it will probably not work.

What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Both were push to start?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
See no reason why should it not work, i remember frequency is the same.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I'm not absolutely positive, but I think that fob can be programmed. When I bought my 2011 Genesis 4.6 Sedan, it only came with one fob. This bothered me, so I went online to Replacement Keyless Entry Remotes and Key Fobs Replace My Remote and bought one, then I called Pop-A-Lock and had them come to my work and program the fob and cut the internal key. The fob cost me $100 and the programming was $125. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
It should work..... BUT IIRC the keyless system will only allow 2 fobs to be synced with it. I think this is what the dealer meant by "useless"

So if you meant for the extra one to be used as a third fob, then I don't think it will work.

I would just keep the extra one, just have them sync it, if you lose one of the other ones.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I bought a second FOB for my 2013 GT when I first bought her. It does cost, and then cost again for the programming. Dealer only, but worth it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We recently got our 2015 Ultimate 3.8 and it came with one fob. Before we even took it home, we had them get a second fob and program it to the car. No issues at all. Granted, it was a brand new fob, but I would think a dealer could do it with yours as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer/locksmith came to my home, and after probably 30 minutes, tells me that he went through programming my key 2twice times. Said for unknown reasons that it wasn't able to start my car, and no charge for his failed attempts.
My car battery was at 9 V d.c.😄😅
which saved me $180 bucks !!
The price for a new battery, and key worked perfectly. 😎

1 - 15 of 15 Posts