Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw somewhere, on some thread once about a hose to remove or plug or something to help with the rev hang... cant find it now.. the thread was waiting on someone to post a picture ....

any know know the thread or have the picture?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
It's the hose that goes from the pre turbo intake to the gray and black valve on the intake. You can completely remove it and the steel line that goes around the valve cover.

Here's how I run mine.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How do we know this is safe to do? yes it gets rid of the rev hang but how do we know by removing the rav hang we are causing problems for us down the road?

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
It's very funny that everyone thinks it removes rev hang

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
It's very funny that everyone thinks it removes rev hang
^ yeah no sh*t.
That hose is there for your brakes, it doesn't do a f*cking thing to your engine to affect rev hang. Rev hang is in your tune, tuners have said it time and time again, hell, Hyundai has an ECU update to fix it! I don't have rev hang and I don't have a aftermarket tune and my brake booster line is perfectly intact.

GCP is the one to blame for that whole "it's a rev hang port" bullsh*t. He was a f*cking idiot then and refused to listen to people who have been working and tuning the car for years before he came on the scene and you'll notice, he doesn't post anymore.

Sorry but this whole thing really really pisses me off because it was blatantly wrong and his lack of understanding vacuum generators on positive induction applications was obvious.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
it's not on the '13s
that wrap around pipe? Yes it is Red. It's required for correct vacuum generation on Manual transmission equipped 2.0T's.

Only models regardless of year that don't have that wrap around pipe to the intake pre-turbo are automatic GC's because they have an electric vacuum pump.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
There is no way that will ever generate a vacuum. The only time there is vacuum in that hose, which is wide open until the check valve near the turbo, is when there is intake manifold vacuum.

The only time there is flow is when there is intake manifold vacuum and it flow from the pre turbo intake into the intake.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Honestly, doesn't matter how it works, key point of this Red is that it doesn't do a single f*cking thing towards curing rev hang.

And as I've said before, you do what you want with your brakes, but just because it was done a certain way from factory, doesn't make it wrong. You should also note in your pic post that people should have a check valve between the intake manifold and the brake booster otherwise you'll be pushing boost into your brake booster which will f*ck it near instantly.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
There is no check valve between the intake and the booster. Only a restrictor. The only check valve is near the turbo and prevents air from going to the turbo when under pressure.

The "rev hang hose" has the same pressure, negative or positive, as what is in the intake manifold.

When was the last time you hit your brakes while still in boost?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
There is only a restriction in the gray/black block. On the gray side where the booster hose slips on there is a 1/16" restriction hole in the hose nipple.

No one way check valves. It may mitigate the pressure changes slightly but no way does it stop positive pressure from reaching the booster, nor maintain a vacuum.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
I'm just wanting to get the right info out about this valve and the hoses. I have one in my hand right now.

If I blow into the manifold side of the gray valve it has a little flow through the 1/16" restrictor hole into the booster hose but no flow to the black side.

If I blow into the manifold side of the black it will pass through to the gray side. So there is a check valve that stops the pressure from going gray side to black side, but black side to gray side is open.

Under a vacuum there is flow between gray and black side on the booster/turbo ends. But no flow under vacuum from black to gray turbo/booster side. There is flow under vacuum from the gray to black. No black to gray though.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
^ confused me there.
I'm pulling my motor soon and I'll deduce that whole section in a video once and for all.

But we're so far OT.

Do we at least agree that that hose does not affect rev hang?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
I feel the only thing that hose does is let air into the intake when the throttle is closed. Effectively is an leak around the throttle plate.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Hyundai calls the coupler a vacuum accelerator. I don't see exactly why but I personally don't like altering OEM setups for minimal gains. Stuff like this is how people create problems for themselves.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ yeah no sh*t.
That hose is there for your brakes, it doesn't do a f*cking thing to your engine to affect rev hang. Rev hang is in your tune, tuners have said it time and time again, hell, Hyundai has an ECU update to fix it! I don't have rev hang and I don't have a aftermarket tune and my brake booster line is perfectly intact.

GCP is the one to blame for that whole "it's a rev hang port" bullsh*t. He was a f*cking idiot then and refused to listen to people who have been working and tuning the car for years before he came on the scene and you'll notice, he doesn't post anymore.

Sorry but this whole thing really really pisses me off because it was blatantly wrong and his lack of understanding vacuum generators on positive induction applications was obvious.
thank you sir ill save myself the trouble then

1 - 18 of 18 Posts