Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through the thread regarding the "rev hang port" as it was misnamed on intakes. I am about to order a intake for my 2013 2.0T (Manual) and have the option to have this port added or not. The thread did not tell me to much, a lot of it went way over my head. Simply, should I have it put on the intake or not? All I got from the thread was this it is a personal prefference, well I prefer to not remove anything that is already on the car. I want to keep the set-up as OEM as possible if I ever need to replace on a dime.

Thanks all

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
OEM as possible then keep it. Rev hang is a common feature on new cars a lot of days because people do not know how to downshift anymore. You are suppose to rev match whenever you down shift to prevent grinding of gearing. If you plan on doing any kind of track racing, (autox, road course, drifting, but not really applicable to drag racing or street racing). You can google what rev matching is via google, as its been used for a long time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM as possible then keep it. Rev hang is a common feature on new cars a lot of days because people do not know how to downshift anymore. You are suppose to rev match whenever you down shift to prevent grinding of gearing. If you plan on doing any kind of track racing, (autox, road course, drifting, but not really applicable to drag racing or street racing). You can google what rev matching is via google, as its been used for a long time.
I understand rev matching, I do try to get it right when I downshift, which is not very often at all. But from what I read, this port has nothing to do with rev hang at all and is just a extra suction point. Some people remove it, some people leave it. Also, I don't know if having a manual means I need this port or not.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,608 Posts
I had a straight one there but it needs to be throttled down to 1/8" hole. I have an aluminum plug from my chepo ebay cans that I can drill a hole through though.

I don't have as much rev hang, practically none. This is on top of the tune. The tune did not get rid of all the rev hang. Supposedly the tune incorporates the Hyundai fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts