Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2.0T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To clarify I'm pretty much bone stock except for the reflash. Last thursday I met up with Jay from SFR to get my genny reflashed. The reflash process is actually pretty quick, most people got theirs done in around 20-30mins. Jay is extremely knowledgeable, and friendly as well as the rest of his crew. My first impression of the flash when I first got into my car was that the throttle is very sensitive, which is great because I thought it was originally very numb. Acceleration below 3000 RPM is great, the car still retains its reserved characteristics and will fool anyone into thinking it was still stock. Then when I was able to find some open road to WOT. I was very surprised at the amount of pull when the RPMs reached 3000. I know when I was driving stock before the reflash, the acceleration from WOT on auto feels kind of boring, you see everything is passing by faster, but you don't really feel any sensation in the car. But after the reflash it felt like someone gave a good kick to my car making it finally wake up and it was actually trying for once... you could feel the car surge forward, sucking you back in to the seat and keeping you there all the way into 6000 RPM. This is great because it gives you a lot more range in the gears to work with making the car a lot more fun around the bends :D. I know a lot of people have said this and I was a bit skeptical about it, but it really does feel like a new car. I also love how turning off TCS actually turns TCS off completely. You can really the car into a corner and WOT and have the back end slide out easily.

And if your saying to yourself, this sounds too good to be true, you should try it out for yourself first. Jay is a really easy guy to work with, and I'm sure his work will speak for itself.

All car functions are retained and working perfectly. All cruise control functions are working. NO Limp Issues. :)

Note: Oh I forgot to mention, I'm running on 87 Octane at the moment. So I'm not taking full advantage of the power. I'll be posting up more vids once I clear out the tank and replace it with something premium.

Techno

Speedo + Techno

·
Premium Member
14,814 Posts
any problems with it going up hill? I think I remember PA flash having problems with that.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
any problems with it going up hill? I think I remember PA flash having problems with that.
Problems going up hill?! I made Arvin scream when I took him uphill on the canyon's of SoCal. LOL No problems going up hill.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Didn't realize it was a canadian car at first, thought he did 0-60 in 3 seconds :)

I think the uphill issue with PA was only when using cruise control and going up a hill...

·
Premium Member
14,814 Posts
Didn't realize it was a canadian car at first, thought he did 0-60 in 3 seconds :)

I think the uphill issue with PA was only when using cruise control and going up a hill...
Yeah, I think that was the issue. I remember you saying something about that a while back.

·
2.0T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything is still working, and running perfectly fine. No issues with cruise control.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts

got it with sfr flash too but waiting to get some news from jay .. i even replaced my actuator and solenoid thinking it was faulty ..

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Omg...u still running on 87 Octane after the Reflash....

·
lackadaisical
2,524 Posts
I live in Phoenix AZ and I want to get this re-flash.
I don't know where to start.
How much did it cost?
but.. its been over a year since the last post was made on this thread.. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

·
lackadaisical
2,524 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts