Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had the it on the car for only about an hour as they were doing some tweak adjustments to it. You are right the video does crackle and pop, however when I was driving with it, it was alot less than in the video.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can you post a rear shot at the same level as the tips from about 15' behind the car. I want to see how the exhaust hangs under the car.

Also, I had a magnaflow and it droned. Reason is my car is a 13 3.8 track with auto tranny and the rpm range is not the same on the highway as the 6spd. As a result between 70-80mph the car hummed. If you accelerated without shifting like you would passing a car or keeping up with traffic it got annoying.
The mag is suppose to be the quietest out there so I'm a bit leary when I hear "no drone".

I wish I could, however I only had it on the car for about an hour as they were letting me try it out. Maybe someone else who actually has the exhaust their car can do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wish I could, however I only had it on the car for about an hour as they were letting me try it out. Maybe someone else who actually has the exhaust their car can do it.
Huh? So why didnt you keep it lol?

Bear in mind, it doesnt really crackle and pop under normal driving. More under an aggressive downshift or over-run condition.

I will see if I can get an under car shot for you guys. Lots of clearance though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Huh? So why didnt you keep it lol?

Bear in mind, it doesnt really crackle and pop under normal driving. More under an aggressive downshift or over-run condition.

I will see if I can get an under car shot for you guys. Lots of clearance though.
I had a custom setup done before this exhaust was released thats why I didn't keep it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the Solo cat back for my 2016 Genny. And yes the weilds ain't the prettiest. But my son is a weilder for General Electric working on power plant turbines and 20 minutes of buffing said there great. Now I don't know who is going to crawl under the Genny to check the weilds but most are only interested in the sound and if they add to the cars ass hauling. For that I'll let you know in a few days after I put them on no

21 - 28 of 28 Posts