Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo...as some of you may or may not know, my Genesis 2.0T was written off a few weeks ago. It was a sad day for me and I really was hoping they would repair it but it just wasn't meant to be. As a precaution, I started casually looking around for another Genesis. I spotted one that is almost an exact twin of mine (black, front grille, rear de-badged, quad tip exhaust), is a 3.8GT (more rare, Brembos, LSD, and V6), and to top it off it had a fraction of the kms I had before.. I think hmm, nice little backup plan.
Fast forward a few weeks, with the help of a friend who works in the same dealership group giving me a great deal, I've taken delivery of that same one today.
My Genesis lives on! (kinda) :banana:

Haven't taken much pics.
This one is stolen from the site.

Prev owner installed blue license plate lights which I'm mixed on. I'm just counting down the days till I get pulled over for it so they will probably come off and be replaced with white ones.

Prev owner also put aftermarket switchbacks, fogs, and reverse lights in.
The switchbacks are going to be replaced as they are not legal (they don't blink amber) and don't match the HIDs. Fogs will be swapped to ones that match the HIDs. Reverse lights are blue leds which I don't like either.

03/11/13 - First mod (not already on the car) of course is the lovely and long, Flossy Grip Rod:

03/12/13 - Custom plates came in today :)

03/21/13 - Plopped on some Hella Supertone horns.

Also just putting up a better pic of the car

03/29/13 - She breathes better now. Installed my R2C Intake.

Kics R40 Lugs:

04/03/13 - Got rid of all the gay blue lights the prev owner placed on (blue license LEDs and reverse lights). They are now all white, and legal.
Put a shift pattern sticker plate on. Same as I had on the 2.0.
Grimmspeed License plate relocation kit went on as well.

More recent pic.

04/09/13 - Had Extreme Performance fab up a 2.5" custom true dual CBE. X-pipe to dual w/ Magnaflow mufflers
Vid:

04/24/13 - Test fitted the Incurves and took some pics. These will serve as my 'before' pics since the HSD coils are still in the mail :(.

List:
Road Runs front grille
Flossy Grip Rod
BC Coilovers
20" Incurve IC-S5 / Kics R40 lugs
Custom True dual CBE
R2C intake
DD Switchbacks,fogs,license plate leds.

Plans:
Shaved/CF trunk
Test pipes/headers
Tune

For those interested, this was my 2.0T build thread:
http://www.gencoupe.com/media/105313-my-2010-genesis-2-0t-story.html

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
Need some FlyRyde blacked out headlights ;)
not sure the name of it.. but WarGoddamn has a sexy lip on his gen you should look into

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the lip but it's not on my plans anytime soon I think. I've had bad experiences anything lower on the front bumper.

·
Cece's Daddy
414 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear it worked out.

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custom plates came in today. First post updated :)

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
you have a flozzssy shifter knob? I've been told they are scam artists and ist keep the money and don't send the product.. love the look of their knobs.. no ****

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Got it used on here. Definitely didn't want to pay the retail price

·
Genesis 2.0T GT
69 Posts
Now who do I get to hang out with in the BB 2.0T club? :(

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's actually more than you think lol. Met 2 from selling the parts. Both BB :p.
Also, mine doesn't have any indications on it that it's a 3.8 :p. We can still hang :)

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
Some of your photos aren't working. :(
How are you liking the 3.8 over the 2.0?

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Pictures have been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Well after the short amount of driving I can give first impressions...

Miss the sound of a the turbo spooling and the BOV going off. Miss the sudden kick in the pants. Don't miss the lag.
LOVE the sound of a V6 w/ exhaust, and the power available at any time.
Suspension is stiffer and it seems to take corners a lot better but it's not quite a fair comparison. 3.8GT's come w/ stiffer suspension, strut bar, LSD, and Brembos. 2.0T Premium's don't come with any of that. Didn't have a 2.0T GT to compare it with.

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First post updated.
Plopped on some Hella Supertones today. They're nice n loud

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
R2C intake came in and I've installed it today.
Kics R40 lugs also came in.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Hey Reyza, I'm looking into the Kics R40 lugs as well.

Do you mind taking a pic with the R40 lug next to an oem lug? I would like to see the length difference

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts