Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I purchased a turbo xs rfl bov from genracer and I first installed it straight into the solenoid everything was good no leaks and when I rev it up the bov wasn’t opening at all not even a little so then I went to doing a solenoid bypass and went straight to the intake manifold and still same issue, don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if I’m missing something. Anything helps

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have mine run directly to the intake manifold, T'd off the large brake booster vac line. when i first installed it, it was open at idle which indicated it needed to be shimmed.
if you look around online you can find some instructions on shimming. revving at a standstill might not build enough boost to get it to work, so test on the road at low amounts of boost

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this intermittent p2261 issue I've been experiencing. I recently determined the original cause was due to me having an incomplete solenoid bypass through the intake manifold, since then I have fixed the issue and honestly the car has never felt better and it's been great to drive. I tried my best to trigger the p2261 in every way that I had been able to previously and scanned my car after each drive and had not been able to trigger it. However, now I seem to be receiving it again and visually as far as I can tell nothing has changed with the vacuum lines and no caps are missing. When I originally was getting p2261, it made sense since I did not have the aftermarket BOV (i have the turboXS RFL) bypassing the stock solenoid correctly. Now that I am bypassing it correctly and have randomly started to get p2261 as a pending code again, it leads me to believe that possibly my stock solenoid has gone bad and needs to be replaced. The reason I believe that is from what I can tell from my research online is that even though you bypass the stock solenoid through the intake manifold, the solenoid is still plugged in electronically and is used by the ECU and is expected to act normally/appropriately. So if nothing with the BOV is using the solenoid right now, and it's throwing a p2261, I feel like the issue might be a $40 part?
Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this?
For reference I have a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T RSpec with around 78K miles, TurboXS RFL BOV, Injen take, CP-e high flow cat and downpipe, ISR testpipe, midpipe, resonator, and ISR Street exhaust. It was recently retuned for the high-flow cat and had no issues on the dyno.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
There is only 3 causes for a P2261.
1. You have a leak in the system, boost leaking somewhere and the boost solenoid has to be capped off.
2. Bad wiring, either a broken cable or bad connector.
3. A faulty Boost Sensor.

If none of that works then try this

Let me know if it works and if that does not work let me know too.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
Hello, so I purchased a turbo xs rfl bov from genracer and I first installed it straight into the solenoid everything was good no leaks and when I rev it up the bov wasn’t opening at all not even a little so then I went to doing a solenoid bypass and went straight to the intake manifold and still same issue, don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if I’m missing something. Anything helps
Can you take the BOV off and press with your thumbs on the missed of the BOV cylinder and see if it opens up. It will feel hard but you should be able to push it open with your thumbs.
This BOV should be open at idle and only close under boost above that 0psi.

If the piston open with your 👎 then we know they BOV is not stuck and we can move to the next step.
Look into your hose connections. Are you routing into a vacuum ot a boost. The easy way to test it out is by taking the hose off the BOV and feel if its sucking or blowing air? It should be sucking some.
Let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts