Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m kinda new at this and I’m learning as I go. I want to have my care risen about half n inch, but would I need spacers in order to do so? Again I’m new at this so anything would help

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You'd probably want to have some type of spacers custom machined to move the struts 1/2" from the body for the extra clearance. Mabey this guy can help.

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
You'd probably want to have some type of spacers custom machined to move the struts 1/2" from the body for the extra clearance. Mabey this guy can help.
When you just put spacers to adjust height, you change the toe, camber, and caster.
Positive toe
Positive camber
Less negative caster.

This is the reason why I said it would be easier to just get taller tires.
When the suspension compressed, these geometries change, the opposite is also true

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
When you just put spacers to adjust height, you change the toe, camber, and caster.
Positive toe
Positive camber
Less negative caster.

This is the reason why I said it would be easier to just get taller tires.
When the suspension compressed, these geometries change, the opposite is also true
Yes thats true, for a half inch I like your idea of achieving that with tire/rim sizes.
I know this link isn't for a Genesis coupe but for someone who really wanted to raise the ride height, somthing along these lines is what I was thinking of.

journeysoffroad.com/siennaliftkits.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts