Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My genny got rod knock a few months ago and ive had it sittin since end of january. Im now looking to get it going again, will lucas oil stabilizer stop the rod knock temporarily? please lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,466 Posts
My genny got rod knock a few months ago and ive had it sittin since end of january. Im now looking to get it going again, will lucas oil stabilizer stop the rod knock temporarily? please lmk

A temp fix, is suppose to be that... temporary. People have the habit of trying to have "temporary" last as long as possible, causing more issues later

Get it "fix" fixed and not "temp" fixed. If that means having it sit a little longer, then it can sit a little longer. You'll be better off that way.

·
Sleeper!
864 Posts

There isn't going to be a temp fix for rod knock. If it's already knocking your better of starting the rebuild process and hopefully your crankshaft can still be salvaged. If you are still driving it around and such you are only going to make it worse and even more expensive at that. Let us know if you need a rebuild as we can definitely handle that.

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There isn't going to be a temp fix for rod knock. If it's already knocking your better of starting the rebuild process and hopefully your crankshaft can still be salvaged. If you are still driving it around and such you are only going to make it worse and even more expensive at that. Let us know if you need a rebuild as we can definitely handle that.
the car has been sitting for 4 months now, and i was thinking ab gettin it repaired. but my boy just got his engine replace in his 2013 track 3.8 and it costed him 12.5k . so im gettin rid of it as is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts