Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a thread on this before but found no answers and figured I would start a new thread on the topic. I have a 2014 r-spec and since last week I have heard what I can only describe as a loose marble or screw rolling around somewhere to the back left of my driver seat. My friend has a BK1 and she also has the same noise. I have pulled out the front seat, rear seat, side paneling, and carpet to find the source of this noise and have had no luck. I have also checked the catch tray on the underside of the car thinking maybe it was a rock but no luck. This noise is driving me crazy because every time I go off of a stop it rolls back and when I stop it rolls forward. It sounds like it is coming just to the left of the driver seat and a little to the rear. Anyone else have this issue or more importantly does anyone have an idea on how to find this loose object? TIA

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
I have no experience with this, but could it be the seat tracks themselves? If they are roller ball mounted, could one of the ball bearings have gotten free somewhere in the track? I can't imagine you'd be able to hear anything from outside the cabin, especially from the undercarriage. IDK, it's worth a shot, though. You could test by taking out the seat and moving it around by itself. Of course, since you've already done that, maybe I'm on the wrong track. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's in the seat rails or frame because when I took the seat out I shook it pretty good to see if it was coming from there. It kinda sounds like it's coming from behind the panel to the left of the rear seat behind the driver seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive notice the same thing in my 2014 3.8 GT it seems to be under the driver seat somewhere , but it never rolls more than a couple times every now and then.

·
Prototype User Title v0.9
164 Posts
My 2013 2.0T had this. To me it sounded like it was coming from one of the doors. I traded the car in before I had time to figure it out. My 2016 doesn't have the problem.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Lol, wow. I don't even have this problem and I find it infuriating. From all your posts it sounds like it can come from anywhere!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it's not so much as a problem with the car but more of it's frustrating. Even if I take the seat out and pull up the carpet I can't find where it's coming from. I haven't heard it all week but I'm sure the next time I drive I'll hear it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts