Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo anyone besides me drive a gen coupe in slc. Ive seen mabe two on the road then there is me. I need some salt lake connects.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I live in Layton. You autox? Buddy from work said he saw a red gen tearin it up a few weeks ago when he took his wrx down.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Man, this guy needs to log in more often. I need a cruisin buddy.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bro sorry everytime i go to reply to this it messes up on me. But ya that was not me at autox but i just got my gen coupe and im down for somw cruizen.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Cool, definitely have to meet sometime. I'm workin 12's for a few days next week, but I'm headin out to Miller on Sunday to check out the autox. One of my friends is going down and I wanna get info on the track for their wide open Wednesdays for next month.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm going to go check out the Autocross at the maverick center Sunday if you wanna meet up. Just let me know.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
127 Posts
Saw a NG northbound on the 15 in North Salt Lake last Friday around 5:30-6:00pm. He had black rims, black wing emblem on the back and a Kentucky (I think) license plate.

I was in a blue Sonata (California plates) with my family and couldn't get him to look over.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Saw a NG northbound on the 15 in North Salt Lake last Friday around 5:30-6:00pm. He had black rims, black wing emblem on the back and a Kentucky (I think) license plate.

I was in a blue Sonata (California plates) with my family and couldn't get him to look over.
Haha, that was me. I remember seeing the Sonata, but I didn't look too much. I hate the rush "hour" traffic on I-15. I was heading home from grabbing some ATF at the dealership down there.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive been seeing a ton lately up in the draper area and I saw a bright green one out in west valley this past week.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
A few by me but all older people that keep them stock, not really into the car scene or anything. I'm goin to Wide Open Wednesday at Miller Motorsports on June 13th if anyone wants to meet up.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awe i would have so been down but its my anniversary and i think my lady would kill me. Im ordering the lip spoiler and fog lamp kit for my car next month. Any recomendations or are the stock hid ones good enough?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I don't have fogs installed so I wouldn't really know. I know some say the 3500k hid fog bulbs are pretty good. Look white up close but put off a yellow light. Which lip kit are you going with? As for the track day, not a big deal. They have one every month so I'll probably be going each month. I may go to some autox events too. Watched a couple, but one of my friends is pushing for me to run the car.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet thanks for the info. Im actualy running the stock body kit. I have the r-spec not sure if its any different from the base body. Ive got a year before i can run my car

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Wheels and brakes are different, and I believe there are some interior differences as well, then being an r-spec I think you lose out on cruise control and a few other things. Did you pick it up at Westland Hyundai? That's where I went Friday to grab a few things and they seem pretty open to modded cars. One of the guys who works there has a red gen that he autox's and there were a couple of others in the lot which had some work done.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Just a reminder. I'll be heading to Miller Motorsports Wednesday night for Wide Open Wednesday. If anyone wants to join me, it's $25 for registration for the road course, I think $20 for Autocross, $35 for both, then another $10 if you need to rent a helmet. Doomed, you should bring your girl for the anniversary and go have some fun.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Saw a red GC in Layton yesterday. "Said Hi" as I drove by.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its kinda bumbing me out im seeing a bunch of soccer moms driving gens up here in draper.

·
Faster!!!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just saw some grandma rocking a red premium coupe. I threw her a rock on sign and winked at her...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Same up here. Mostly older people. Met a guy the other day that works at a performance shop in Centerville and he said mine was the only modded one he's seen around.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts