Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm thinking it'll be fun! Transerfering this event to our local gencoupe FB page!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I guess I am another newbie. Just bought my 2010 3.8L Track. Beautiful black and runs awesome. So, look for another one in the SLC area!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome. I started up a facebook group for us recently too to try and find others who aren't on the forum. Just search Utah Gencoupe if you're on facebook and interested.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Alright guys, its that time again. Friday 4-26-13 (tomorrow) is RMR 1/4 drag race time! Had a good time last year, let's get more Gen's up there.

Check out RMR racing websitefor directions and if racing, you'll need to be there at 6pm.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah, we're fairly spread out. There's a few guys that frequent the southtowne mall area. Then a few up by me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah. I see others in my area fairly regularly, but they're all owned by older people who keep them stock. Makes me curious about the whole midlife crisis stigma.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought my 2.0t gen coupe last Saturday! Mega excited to be part of the community. I owned the Tiburon for a year, it's nice to have a grown up version of the car I loved!

I'll post pictures when I get home tonight, but I purchased from LHM used cars in Sandy, if anyone knows the previous owner. It's bright red with Gen badges =)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome to the group. Send an invite request for our facebook page if you use facebook. I'll approve once I see it up there. We use it more often for setting up meets, etc. If you ever see a Silverstone 2010 rolling around with wing badge, gunmetal rims, and an exhaust, that's me.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/431852760233123/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool, sent! I'll be out at the Maverick Center tomorro for SCCA autocross if anyone else will be, but I've only seen on gen coupe out this year so far. (now two!)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah, I haven't tried autox yet, heard it's fun though. May be going on a cruise sometime tomorrow evening. Have to see what everyone else is up to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wide Open Wednesday on the 12th! Who is coming out?! I'm also looking to rent/borrow a GoPro for the day, if anyone has a hookup.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You should join our facebook group. Started planning for it already. Looks to be a handful of us going so far. I, unfortunately, don't have a go pro. Its one of my next investments.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone in Utah selling any go fast bits for a 2.0t? Looking for a quad tip exhaust mostly. (or a tune if by some chance anyone has a used, nonmarried one).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Travis, just me Scott. So your looking for exhaust uh? GCs have wide ranges from cheap (ALOT OF DRONE, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS) to heavy price excellent quality CBE.

As far as tune for cheap...best bet is to either look on private sale (ecu + tune usually around $500-$550, but you need the exact same mods (not brand) as previous owner and a non-push start)
OR
use your own stock ECU and pay SFR $400 to get a tune specific to your mods, be w/o car for a bit though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, mostly a used exhaust locally is what I'm looking for. The stock sound is just so sad. And I really want some gnarly quads coming out the back.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well, there's an SFR tuned ECU currently for sale . . . But it's for A/T and then a BTR race spec tune for M/T but on 93 octane . . .

241 - 260 of 292 Posts