Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long post folks. San Antonio Sports Car Association is having their Novice Driving school March 5th. It's 40 bucks and you have to pre-register\ prepay online This is the perfect setup for getting excellent instruction on your car and how to get some good times. The following day is the AutoCross which you can pre-register for at the same place.

If any novices (or even intermediate drivers) are on the fence about signing up for this event, PLEASE do so sooner rather than later so we can plan how many instructors we will need as well as make lunch plans for everybody. You will get LOTS of seat time at this event. As I mentioned before, you don't have to be in the 'novice class' to sign up for this event... even those that have been doing this for 2-3 years and want to learn more advanced techniques to going faster are welcome to sign up.

SASCA Novice School - March 5

Entry cap restricted to 30 participants!
Pre-Registration *and* Pre-Payment on the AXWare Website is required in advance. Registration will close on Feb. 28, 2011! https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php?viewevent=1058

Additional details to follow...

This event will be held at Retama Park, located in North-Central San Antonio, just north of I35 & 1604.
You will need to enter the facility via the driveway closest to IH35

View SASCA - Retama Park in a larger map

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there is a SCCA event down in Houston on the 6th. I debated attending that one, but the chance to get some more novice instruction really appealed to me. Plus the AutoX down in Retama Park is supposed to be pretty good on the 6th.

From the Post:
SASCA 2011 Novice School

"This event is designed for novices to get lots of seat time and one-on-one time with an instructor riding along with them in their own car. There will be 'classroom' time to learn the proper lines, techniques, and how to read the courses as well as lots of in-car time. Space is limited for this event to ensure there is as much one-on-one time with an instructor as possible, so be sure to pre-register in advance. Keep in mind that registration for this event closes on February 28, 2011. Also be sure to register for the actual AutoCross event the following day to put your newly acquired skills to use!"

Let me know if anyone is thinking of attending. If we had a few folks interested maybe we can get a group rate on some rooms and have a few Beers after the Novice day.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
*Awesome*

Signed up and paid. Was set to do one of these through the Greater Houston SCCA, but had to work.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, no other Texas people want a little Novice action?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I talked to Demonik and he may look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts