Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

scooter's intro. (can't think of a better name)

944 views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  scooter 
#1 · (Edited)
GC or bust?

Hey guys, name is scooter. I do NOT own a GC, but I am looking to get one in the future (like...7-9 months from now). I recently joined the military and I am leaving for basic soon (less than 20 days...yay). So, at the end of the my training (basic + ait = 7-8 months), I'll have about 12-14 grand saved up.

I'm considering on getting a 3.8T GT model (maybe in blue...or black). If not, I might get a regular Genesis or an Elantra...who knows?

Reason why I want a Hyundai? I'm half korean. It's in the blood.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well, I come from the toyota realm. My parents own a Prius, I owned a Solara before it died and had to get rid of it. I want to switch. So, I thought, 'why not go korean? I am half korean, right?'

I saw the Hyundai Genesis and I was like...DO WANT!

Anyway, what I'm looking for in a vehicle:

-headroom (I'm tall)
-legroom (I'm tall)
-easy maintainability
-cheap to maintain (no $200 oil changes (example: mercedes benz))
-pretty easy to modify to give it my own touch
-nice acceleration
-good looking

I have driven a 3.0L V6 (friend's avalon) and I loved it. Also, I think a V6 GC is just right as it has power but not sacrificing fuel economy. When I looked at some pictures, the GC looked pretty roomy.

Any persuasive option to sway me towards a certain trim/engine size would be AWESOME. Again, I am about 9 months away from purchase.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
German. I wanted a BMW at one point...

Anyway, Crisped...crackerjacks suck. Also, the recruiters were throwing me around the bush. The Army guys...weren't. I tried to join the Air Force first, but they can't guarantee me a job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.