Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seen the other thread about the seating comfort right?
well, i drove 2hr trip, and my asss and back hurt like crap.
FIrst of all, theres not enough cushion supporting my asss. and the same thing to the back.,

Went to autozone to look for seat cushion,but dont think that will help/

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Are you kidding me?!

I drove across Canada in mine doing 10 hour driving days straight for 6 days...

My back was in PARADISE!! Lumbar support FTW!!!!! Even my mum's boyfriend who is a bigger guy found the car surprisingly comfortable.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Do you have uh... a wide butt? lol sorry I had to ask!

I'm skinny I guess, so I fit into my seat like a glove!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
na. im short. 5'6" and average.
WHen ever i sit, it feels very low. and the ass comfort is freakin stiff.
not cushion enough.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I'm 5'9, 215lbs (damn you, college!), and my seat is pretty damned comfortable. I work offshore and it's a 3 hour drive from home to work, plus the 3 hours back and no issues. My tC on the other hand, right side of my hip/thigh would start to get sore after about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i sit in the seat and think is super comfortable!

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
I've driven six hours straight, felt great after. And at 180 pounds on a six foot frame it's not like I have a lot of natural padding. Some people love the seats, some people hate them :dunno:

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
I got the leather seats, and use the lumbar support, I'm 5'10'' about 180lbs., and after a 4 hour drive to toronto or waterloo, I find it pretty comfortable. A little stiff when I get out of the car if I haven't pulled over to take a break or something. However, my co-worker find its uncomfortable, he's a bigger guy, not huge, about 6'1'' and 235lbs. He thought his ass was too big for the seats, haha.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I think these seats feel great & I've made several trips of distance including 2 trips back & forth to CMP that is a 6hr drive with no confort issues. I think it just depends on the person's body build, because this is not the 1st thread I've seen of someone complaining about seat comfort issues on long trips. Then again, we bought sports cars with seats designed to hold us in place. If I wanted a truely comfortable road car, I would of bought the Genesis sedan.

·
Registered
678 Posts
DrunkenT, I find that if I forget to take my wallet out of my back pocket before longer trips, the seat does get uncomfortable. Otherwise, it's a nice ride. I think that'll change after the coilovers are installed :rolleyes:

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
I spend between 1.5 and 3 hours a day in my car, no comfort issues at all. 5'10" 165 / 3.8 GT (leather)

Though I do remove my wallet before getting in the car. If I leave it in my pocket, the seat doesn't deflect, so my ass does instead. :sad:

·
Genesis Noob
90 Posts
i have a bad back due to a previous car accident, and i cant ride for more than 20mins, or my mid back goes almost numb...i should just walk huh...

·
ahhchoo
408 Posts
i have driven several times to my thane house.. 3.5hr+ and down to my cousins in paso robes almost 3hrs and haven't had one issue with the comfort. and all my buddies that have driven the car haven't complained about the seats at all. but i am use to my old mop fix back bucket seat out of my old car. lol so i feel like im in heaven

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
I've personally never had a problem with the seats, they're really comfy.

Well.. my foot tends to fall asleep after long periods of driving, but thats probably more my fault than the seats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hyundai recently replaced my cushion in the chair, I was expecting to have the seat firm like my passenger seat is or like all other genesis coupes I have seen before but the new cushion did not do this.

I have taken a few photos but I know photos do not show how it really is.

As you can see the leather is very loose from the seat having no support and sinking in.

does anyone else's genesis seat look like this? And what should I do? because I am sick of going to the dealer and complaining about it...

They told me they would replace the cushion but not the leather because leather naturally becomes loose, but these pictures were taken around 15000km and no way should any car that cost this much look and feel this bad I pretty much sink in the chair because the leather is not tight like my passenger seat. (I only weigh 160lbs so its not like I am putting abnormal amount of weight onto it.)

Apparently it wont let me add images because I do not have 10 posts on this forum...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts