Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jonahan,

I had a very similar experience. My one week old 2013 Genesis Coupe had a temporary malfunction as well. The first symptom was the flashing seat belt warning and chime. Then I noticed that the "auto" setting in the head lights was not working. It was dark outside but the car lights were not coming on. When I switched to the head light on position on the light switch the lights came on. The lights indicator section of the instrument panel (including the door open indicator) was not working. Taking the seat belt on and off on both the passenger and driver side didn't make any difference. Turning the ignition key completely off and back on didn't help the situation either.

Needless to say I was quite bummed out about my brand new car developing malfunctions of this type. When I got home I realized that the trunk open switch didn't work either. At this time I was suspecting a blown fuse. However, after parking the car for about an hour I went back to check again and found that everything was back to normal! Its been two days and the issue has not re-surfaced again.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Maybe, there is a fuse that is not making good contact...

Senani

About an hour later
Mine did this exact thing last night on the way to work. I went into work for about 5 hours and when I came back out, all was normal. I will continue to monitor and take her in if it continues to happen. I have a 2013 3.8 Track with about 4,000 miles, purchased in Oct.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This happened to me too only a few days ago! My auto setting for headlights was not working, the clicking sound with Left/Right turn signal was not working, and the seatbelt chime rang every 5-10 seconds or so.

But I restarted my engine a few days later and everything was fine. I have about 12k miles on my 2013 Premium.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
So clearly there is a bug in the bcm, not a fluke. Question is how do we reproduce this effect?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
274 Posts
Today, my '13 2.0 Rspec m/t decided to not recognize that my belt was buckled and blinked and chimed every couple of minutes. Also, the rear defroster would not work and neither would the power door locks (inside buttons as well as key fob buttons). Restarting the engine didn't help but rolling the driver's window down and back up made all problems go away (notice I didn't say fixed). Seems to me that there might be a software glitch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I experienced the seatbelt warning light/chime problem yesterday for the first time in my '13 3.8 GT coupe. No amount of buckling/unbuckling the driver or passenger belt would correct the issue. Also, I noticed the turn signal "click" noise had vanished. I figured I would be heading to the dealership this morning, but then I read this thread last night. Sure enough, everything is fine this morning. Strange...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The seatbelt chime/no turn signal clicking issue happened to me today as well. I haven't been back out to the car to re-test it, but shutting off and restarting the car several times did not help. I didn't notice any of the other symptoms others have mentioned.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Try going thru an unlock & lock cycle with your remote a few times. Thats always cleared it for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my '13 2.0 T to the dealer about a month ago because my seatbelt chime would not stop ringing. Tried re-hooking the belt several times - but to no avail. Also noticed the turn signals were not making any sound and my door locks were not functioning. It also seemed that the driving lights were off too. Everything else seemed to be working. The engine was shut off before they put an analyzer on it - and when restarted - everything was back to normal. The tech reflashed the computer and noticed some history showed up on the computer. Well yesterday it did it again... And it took several attempts at restarting before it reset and stopped chiming. Sounds like this is a widespread problem. Does anyone know if Hyundai is working on a fix?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I seriously doubt they are working on a fix since no one has reported being able to show a dealer when the problem occurred. There aren't enough cases being reported. But it is a widespread problem, though I think it is just annoying. Just go thru a lock/unlock cycle with the remote and you should be fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The seatbelt fault just happen to me like 30 mins ago, was only a couple block from the dealer. They have the car now told me it would be 2-4 hours. Shut the car off when I pulled up so the dealer didnt see the issue...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Happened to me the 2nd week I had it. The auto locks also stopped working. I pulled over on the side of the road cuz I couldn't stand the chime. Turned off the car and turned it back on and it magically went away. Hasn't happened since. Does sound like a wide spread issue though.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Ya it's gotta be a software bug in the BCM. But to be able to readily reproduce this is the question. Until someone can systematically repro this on the fly, it can't really be fixed.

·
Delete my profile
55 Posts
Seatbelt chime just happened to me after filling up. Just got home, Haven't been back out yet to see if it still does it. Love the car but all these rattles and now this seatbelt chime, smh...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey all,

It happened to me this morning on my car too but it went away after I parked the car for 10 minutes. Are there any updates on this issue? I got my 3.8 Track in March 2013.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This has happened to me twice since I bought my '13. Same symptoms - no lock functionality, seatbelt chime, no auto lock after putting it in drive, turning off then on hasn't helped either time.

I wonder if the air bags would deploy during an accident if the car was malfunctioning like this at the time? Cause for a little concern?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This has happened to me twice since I bought my '13. Same symptoms - no lock functionality, seatbelt chime, no auto lock after putting it in drive, turning off then on hasn't helped either time.

I wonder if the air bags would deploy during an accident if the car was malfunctioning like this at the time? Cause for a little concern?
Thats the scary part...because I was a little nervous while driving home when it was doing that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had this once about 3 weeks ago. I pulled over and cycled the motor off and on again and it stopped. It hasn't come back since *fingers crossed*.

I didn't notice any other nonfunctional features during the 3-4 minutes it was doing this, but it was still daylight and wasn't cold out so who knows.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had this happen just yesterday. Drove to the gas station on the way to work with no problems. Got out of the car at the gas station, hit the door handle button to lock the car. I came out to the car, pressed the button again to unlock, got in, and buckled my seat belt. I started the engine and put it in reverse. I didn't think anything of it, but I didn't hear the chime for putting it into reverse. I don't recall if the locks automatically engaged, but I had one annoying car ride into work with the seat belt chime. I even pulled over, turned the car off then back on, and it was still doing it. I left work about 9 hours later, and it has been fine since.

I made an appointment with the dealership, and I think I may still go so they have more reports of this happening. It will be hard for them to troubleshoot a problem they can't reproduce, but maybe we can help our dealerships get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Show them the video I made. It happens to all of us.

·
End Me, Begin Him
690 Posts
Just had this happen to me on the way home from the airport...hahaha it was weird lol

21 - 40 of 91 Posts