Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Thanks for documenting this. I hope Hyundai sees this. I"m sure it is a simple software fix.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Thanks for documenting this. I hope Hyundai sees this. I"m sure it is a simple software fix.
Simple to implement, yes.
Simple to find, NOPE.
The reason on why this exists is its so hard to find, and only happens under special conditions means it will likely always exist.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Simple to implement, yes.
Simple to find, NOPE.
The reason on why this exists is its so hard to find, and only happens under special conditions means it will likely always exist.
You're absolutely correct. I agree with all of that.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I program, so I know all too well the despise of a user finding an error, that doesn't pop up often enough to really get details on.
I work in software (in support) and I know exactly how frustrating "intermittent" issues are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys, are you actually going into the dealership/Hyundai to complain about this, or just posting to the forum? It's good that we can talk to each other to know we aren't the only ones with the problem, but with this being an intermittent issue we really need to let Hyundai know about this. I went to the dealer after it happened, and of course, they couldn't find any issue when they scanned my car. They also searched for bulletins and other service announcements, but found nothing. I think if enough of us speak up to Hyundai about the issue, they may actually take the time to reproduce it. If anything, maybe on the forum we can try to figure out a way to consistently reproduce the issue so we can show our dealers. Just my two pennies. :)

BTW, I told the dealer I could show them the video that's posted on this thread, and they said it wouldn't help anymore than describing the symptoms.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I went and they documented my case. Or so they told me at least. But I really hate dealerships and don't want them touching my car, especially with my mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if Hyundai has a fixed for this crap yet? My car did it this morning...seat belt indicator dinging, headlight indicator not working, steering wheel lights not on, turn signal noise not working, etc., AND my car kept calling Bluelink by itself every fifteen min or so. Got to work, shut off my car, lights came on...I restarted it and drove it through the parking garage and the seat belt indicator wasn't dinging anymore. So, it appears to have fixed itself, but clearly something is not right and I don't want to drive it until it's fixed...too dangerous since I have no way of knowing what else is broken.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Does anyone know if Hyundai has a fixed for this crap yet? My car did it this morning...seat belt indicator dinging, headlight indicator not working, steering wheel lights not on, turn signal noise not working, etc., AND my car kept calling Bluelink by itself every fifteen min or so. Got to work, shut off my car, lights came on...I restarted it and drove it through the parking garage and the seat belt indicator wasn't dinging anymore. So, it appears to have fixed itself, but clearly something is not right and I don't want to drive it until it's fixed...too dangerous since I have no way of knowing what else is broken.
Your turn signals work, they just don't make the sound.

Its a glitch that happens rarely. Usually shutting the car off for a min or two solves the issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your turn signals work, they just don't make the sound.

Its a glitch that happens rarely. Usually shutting the car off for a min or two solves the issues.

Yes, it seems to have temporarily fixed itself, but I bought a new car and this is not acceptable. lol So, I'm wondering if anyone has had Hyundai actually fix the problem.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Yes, it seems to have temporarily fixed itself, but I bought a new car and this is not acceptable. lol So, I'm wondering if anyone has had Hyundai actually fix the problem.
It didn't "temporarily fix itself" it temporarily had an issue.

The entire time I have had my car, its done it twice, lasting a total of 20 mins. (Over 8 months as of this time)
Unless you can bring the car into the dealer with the issue currently showing, they will have no idea.

Nobody has had the issue fixed, as it is a software glitch (very difficult to find) and Hyundai has very little empirical evidence on this situation because nobody can reproduce this on demand.

·
Registered
844 Posts
there is another thread where other users have stated they have the same issue. This has happened to me one time in 17,xxx miles and it lasted until I got to work, about 20 mins. After work it was fine. I agree that this should not happen on a brand new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It didn't "temporarily fix itself" it temporarily had an issue.

The entire time I have had my car, its done it twice, lasting a total of 20 mins. (Over 8 months as of this time)
Unless you can bring the car into the dealer with the issue currently showing, they will have no idea.

Nobody has had the issue fixed, as it is a software glitch (very difficult to find) and Hyundai has very little empirical evidence on this situation because nobody can reproduce this on demand.
Well, I'll have to see if they can find something wrong with it. They can keep it as long as they need to. I've never had so many issues with a car before, let alone a new car.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
It's easy to "fix" when this occurs. Park the car, and turn the ignition off. Pull the key out and open a door. Wait approx. 30 sec until the "door ajar" light illuminates in the dashboard. At this point, the issue is corrected, and you can restart and resume driving.

I say this because if the door ajar light doesn't illuminate, the BCM is still in that indeterminate state where it gives seat belt warnings.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Park the car, and turn the ignition off. Pull the key out and open a door. Wait approx. 30 sec until the "door ajar" light illuminates in the dashboard. At this point, the issue is corrected, and you can restart and resume driving.
I appreciate you posting the "fix" but that is ridiculous. Making someone who is driving pull over and get out of the car for 30 seconds to fix a faulty issue from Hyundai. That is akin to making me take my battery out of my new cell phone for 30 seconds when i want to make a phone call...just seems silly (not directed at you cheers007, but at the electrical issue of a new car)

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
I appreciate you posting the "fix" but that is ridiculous. Making someone who is driving pull over and get out of the car for 30 seconds to fix a faulty issue from Hyundai. That is akin to making me take my battery out of my new cell phone for 30 seconds when i want to make a phone call...just seems silly (not directed at you cheers007, but at the electrical issue of a new car)
You do realize that is a legitimate, and industry accepted fix for a cellphone having issues once and a great while right?

"Have you tried turning it on and off again?"

And, once you have had this issue once, you should recognize it and not start driving anyway, just do what Cheers said. If turning the car off for <1 min once and a great while is too much for you, I suggest you look into a different car, or mode of transportation.

·
Registered
844 Posts
For me it was a safety issue, it happened at a stop light, not while I was just starting out or anything. But it only happened once, and as long as it stays uncommon it will be ok.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
For me it was a safety issue, it happened at a stop light, not while I was just starting out or anything. But it only happened once, and as long as it stays uncommon it will be ok.
You probably noticed it at a stoplight, as it happens at startup, not randomly from what we have seen.

Its very uncommon to happing often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is ridiculous...I've never had a car, new or used that had so many issues and I've only had this car 17k miles and it has already had a few issues. I love my car, but this is just not acceptable. I could almost handle the light issue, turn signal and seat belt dinging all the effing time, but for it to keep calling Bluelink while I'm driving...that is not a little problem.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts