Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Don't fret Jen_G, every time it calls Bluelink just get out of the car and do a handstand. Wait 30 seconds, open the door, close the door, perform a Chinese fire drill, realize you are alone in your car, perform another Chinese fire drill to get back to the drivers seat, then your issue should be fixed ;0p

·
Registered
6 Posts
don't fret jen_g, every time it calls bluelink just get out of the car and do a handstand. Wait 30 seconds, open the door, close the door, perform a chinese fire drill, realize you are alone in your car, perform another chinese fire drill to get back to the drivers seat, then your issue should be fixed ;0p
lmfao...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I appreciate you posting the "fix" but that is ridiculous. Making someone who is driving pull over and get out of the car for 30 seconds to fix a faulty issue from Hyundai. That is akin to making me take my battery out of my new cell phone for 30 seconds when i want to make a phone call...just seems silly (not directed at you cheers007, but at the electrical issue of a new car)
No worries fookijama. I didn't take it directly. Merely providing feedback on how I've been able to resolve the issue (which has only happened total of 3 times in owning the car 1.5 years.

It is ridiculous...I've never had a car, new or used that had so many issues and I've only had this car 17k miles and it has already had a few issues. I love my car, but this is just not acceptable. I could almost handle the light issue, turn signal and seat belt dinging all the effing time, but for it to keep calling Bluelink while I'm driving...that is not a little problem.
You aught to see what the Honda folks are complaining about with their new cars. I know because I was one. 8thcivic.com is a great community for 8th generation civics. They experience rattles of the interior, transmission issues, large electrical problems like lights not working, car not starting, etc. Our electrical bug is just an annoying seat belt reminder (false alarm) that can be fixed with a "reboot" of the car. My only point is pretty much all the new cars out there have their "bugs" out of the box.

Don't fret Jen_G, every time it calls Bluelink just get out of the car and do a handstand. Wait 30 seconds, open the door, close the door, perform a Chinese fire drill, realize you are alone in your car, perform another Chinese fire drill to get back to the drivers seat, then your issue should be fixed ;0p
This should satisfy the "30 seconds with the door open" requirement quite well, LOL :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
No worries fookijama. I didn't take it directly. Merely providing feedback on how I've been able to resolve the issue (which has only happened total of 3 times in owning the car 1.5 years.

You aught to see what the Honda folks are complaining about with their new cars. I know because I was one. 8thcivic.com is a great community for 8th generation civics. They experience rattles of the interior, transmission issues, large electrical problems like lights not working, car not starting, etc. Our electrical bug is just an annoying seat belt reminder (false alarm) that can be fixed with a "reboot" of the car. My only point is pretty much all the new cars out there have their "bugs" out of the box.

This should satisfy the "30 seconds with the door open" requirement quite well, LOL :D

I know plenty of cars have issues, but in 9 months I've had too many. I had my last car for 100k miles and never had one issue, so maybe I have high expectations, but when I buy something new, I want it to work...for a long time.

Has anyone else experienced this BS about the car calling Bluelink by itself? Seems everyone else had this same issue, minus this one thing. So, is this all the same issue, or an additional issue?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 2013 2.0T R-Spec is just over one year old now. It did this same issue for the first time in February, then again yesterday. Restarted the car several times during a commute with no success. Parked, opened door, started it, and it was back to normal..
Asked a Hyundai tech about this on Facebook and he said:

"Techline says to just unplug and reconnect the yellow connector in the fuse panel. It may be an on/off switch if not a yellow connector. Doing this soft resets the module. I think its a software bug in the bcm personally."

·
Registered
11 Posts
This issue still exists in the '15 model. Auto lights not working, seat belt warning, no turn signal sound. Turned off engine, opened door to shut everything down, turned back on, everything worked like a charm. Had this happen twice now in 4 months / 11k miles.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Good to know the 15's suffer from this bug. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had this issue in my 2013 2.0T at 2000km, 8000km, 13,000km, and again at 13,500km. After many issues with the front bumper repaint under warranty and with this issue, I yelled at service for a half hour over this, ended up getting one hell of a deal on a 2015 3.8 R-Spec. I picked it up yesterday, and the odometer rolled onto 504km and it just happened.

I opened and closed the door a few times, turned the ignition on and such but to no avail. I spent 20 minutes in my driveway trying many different processes and was about to give up. When I was removing the key after many failed attempts (7+), I removed it on a downward angle, and when the key was half way out of the ignition, the 'Marker Light' symbol came on on the dash. Issue went away. I thought it was in the BCM as well, maybe a loose connection or a dusty receptacle.. but now the idea of it being in the ignition tumbler assembly is possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had this issue in my 2013 2.0T at 2000km, 8000km, 13,000km, and again at 13,500km. After many issues with the front bumper repaint under warranty and with this issue, I yelled at service for a half hour over this, ended up getting one hell of a deal on a 2015 3.8 R-Spec. I picked it up yesterday, and the odometer rolled onto 504km and it just happened.

I opened and closed the door a few times, turned the ignition on and such but to no avail. I spent 20 minutes in my driveway trying many different processes and was about to give up. When I was removing the key after many failed attempts (7+), I removed it on a downward angle, and when the key was half way out of the ignition, the 'Marker Light' symbol came on on the dash. Issue went away. I thought it was in the BCM as well, maybe a loose connection or a dusty receptacle.. but now the idea of it being in the ignition tumbler assembly is possible.
Well, it happens on push button ignition as well, which would seem to point elsewhere, although it could still be related to the ignition somehow, I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had this issue happen twice to my '13 AT Push Button start 2.0T. 13.3kmiles.

Seat belt chimes at me, turn signal sound doesn't function, DRL's don't function.

Restarting the car doesn't fix. Both times unlocking the car and locking it via the key fob has fixed it. Weirdly if I don't press the unlock button first on the key fob then the key fob doesn't work (car won't lock).

Once I press the unlock button on the FOB, everything goes back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue this afternoon. Put the seatbelt on, start car, shift to drive, accelerate; ding ding ding, chimes nonstop. Blinkers didn't make the clicking sound either. I'm like wth? I tried unbuckling rebuckling, shifting to park and back, restart the engine, etc. nothing helped. I pumped up the music and ignored it for the next hour of driving. I get out of the car after the journey and notice my fuel door is open. I close it firmly and think aha! Restart the car, buckle in, no chime! Blinkers? Clicking!

Now: I know another member said that they experienced this issue after getting gas. I also experienced it right after restarting the car after refueling. Obviously the dude (NJ has full service) didn't close it all the way. Is it possible that an improperly closed fuel door can wreak this havoc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
just had this happen to my 14 ultimate it has about 12000 miles on it and i have had it for about a year and 2 months first time it happend to me. from what i can recall i did get gas about a week before in nj. but im not sure if its a fuel door problem

·
HL 24
25 Posts
I had the same issue this afternoon. Put the seatbelt on, start car, shift to drive, accelerate; ding ding ding, chimes nonstop. Blinkers didn't make the clicking sound either. I'm like wth? I tried unbuckling rebuckling, shifting to park and back, restart the engine, etc. nothing helped. I pumped up the music and ignored it for the next hour of driving. I get out of the car after the journey and notice my fuel door is open. I close it firmly and think aha! Restart the car, buckle in, no chime! Blinkers? Clicking!

Now: I know another member said that they experienced this issue after getting gas. I also experienced it right after restarting the car after refueling. Obviously the dude (NJ has full service) didn't close it all the way. Is it possible that an improperly closed fuel door can wreak this havoc?

Dang man this just happened to me today!! got in the car and drove off. Few seconds later ding ding ding. Nothing helped it. I literally just refueld it too. Haven't checked back on it yet, but I'm hoping it will be fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the answers in this thread guys. This issue just happened with me and I remembered seeing someone here having the issue so I did a thread search and found this one. I have the push start button and when the seat belt chime started I tried reinserting the belt to no avail then did two shutdowns and startups with the issue still remaining. If it occurs again I'll know what to do now. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seat Belt Warning/Door Chime w/ Eng Running

I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe, I had bought it new. Love the car, the weird electrical issues amongst some other things...not so much! I have been checking this thread periodically in hopes someone will eventually post a resolution to this issue. It has happened 4 times since I purchased it: Seat-belt indicator goes off every 30 seconds while driving, auto lights don't work, regular headlights do, blinkers no sound, can't lock/unlock doors, dash light lights up high/bright, can't adjust, can't open trunk.

Right around Thanksgiving 2015 I finally got lucky so to speak. The electrical issue talked about in this post finally happened in the daytime and I drove straight to the dealership so they can see for themselves, as I was told like many of you, they cannot troubleshoot it if they cannot replicate the problem. I made sure to not shut the car off and a tech drove with me and I rattled off the list of issues. He said he had seen this happen with some other Hyundai model (not Genesis) and felt he knew what the issue is. He replaced the Interior Junction Box Assembly; Part 91950-2M511 listed at $681.94. Of course I will not really know if this fixed the issue, unless it happens again but I thought I would share this. For me, this was under warranty. Good luck everyone! :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
One more interesting piece of info. After he replaced the part, I noticed that when I fill up my tank with gas it now shows refuel mileage of 386 (I think that was the number). Before it never went past 290.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone,
This same issue happened to me today on my 15' 3.8 base model. After reading the thread I notice many of you are wondering how to replicate the issue, well it happened to me right after I filled up on gas. It seems several others recall this happening after filling up too. My car is fairly new and I remember when i first got it the fuel range would be 386, now it only shows around 312.
One more interesting piece of info. After he replaced the part, I noticed that when I fill up my tank with gas it now shows refuel mileage of 386 (I think that was the number). Before it never went past 290.
Maybe this is how the "bug" or whatever it is happens. Either way I am reporting it to my dealer tomorrow, doubt I will use a full tank of gas before then :grin: but maybe I can open and close the fuel door to try and re-create the issue for them.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts