Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same exact thing happened to me, 2015Rspec.
And climate control wasn't working, I pulled over and shut car off, this weird faint cluster light stayed on for about 2seconds, then when I restarted car everything worked.
It's been 3days and problem has not reoccurred.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread but maybe my input will help the future, I stopped to pump gas when this seatbelt warning started to occur. Notice my high beams and door indicator weren't working . When I came to a stop I popped out my gas lid and trunk. Everything started to work fine after that.weird.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny enough, it happened to me for the first time last week on my 2015 R-Spec. Got in and everything was working fine, got out of the car and then when I restarted it the turn signals didn't make a sound, the seat belt chime kept going off and the reverse chime on the 6MT was not working.

I pulled over into a parking lot, shut the car off and did a quick walk around to see if there was any damage or anything, got back in and same thing. I took it to the dealership and of course when I turned the car off and back on again everything was working fine.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Sounds to me like a stuck relay or a faulty ancillary control module.... or the battery starting to go flat.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had some similar odd electrical gremlins two years ago on my 2014 3.8 ultimate auto and it was the battery going bad.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Had the seatbelt issue myself. On and off for about a year. Also, 3 times in that period, my whole system acted up causing all lights to come on on the dash and neither the tac or speedo working. went away after a couple of restarts of the engine. ECU eventually fried a couple of years later. No problems since the new ECU. Covered by warranty.

Side notes: all problems occurred before and after a BTRcc custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try going thru an unlock & lock cycle with your remote a few times. Thats always cleared it for me.
Thanks buddy, you're a lifesaver... Nearly had to endure a rainy hour-plus drive home from work tonight with the seatbelt chime going and no rear defrost..

Issue's still going strong on the 2016 model.. everything y'all described here.

Baby's only at 18k miles, I can't imagine it needing a battery like some folks have said.

Worth noting the car is stock, I hadn't stopped for gas or anything, it just started happening as I was pulling out of a parking lot tonight. Been driving it for 6k miles now, has never happened before.

But did stop to fuel up at a full-service gas station the night before :unsure: But it drove without any nonsense for like 80+ miles between the fuel-up and the time of the issue.

Doing the unlock/lock on the keyfob did the trick(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks buddy, you're a lifesaver... Nearly had to endure a rainy hour-plus drive home from work tonight with the seatbelt chime going and no rear defrost..

Issue's still going strong on the 2016 model.. everything y'all described here.

Baby's only at 18k miles, I can't imagine it needing a battery like some folks have said.

Worth noting the car is stock, I hadn't stopped for gas or anything, it just started happening as I was pulling out of a parking lot tonight. Been driving it for 6k miles now, has never happened before.

But did stop to fuel up at a full-service gas station the night before :unsure: But it drove without any nonsense for like 80+ miles between the fuel-up and the time of the issue.

Doing the unlock/lock on the keyfob did the trick(y)
Brought it in for its regular service, mgr said it's something to do with the keyfob getting pressed, like the equivalent of a buttdial. Dunno

I'm thinking the gassing up factor is probably irrelevant, if you consider how frequently the car needs fuel a lot of things could occur alongside that lol

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,414 Posts
Brought it in for its regular service, mgr said it's something to do with the keyfob getting pressed, like the equivalent of a buttdial. Dunno

I'm thinking the gassing up factor is probably irrelevant, if you consider how frequently the car needs fuel a lot of things could occur alongside that lol
the last couple of days i've been getting the airbag symbol on my Gen Coupe. Not all the time and sometimes on and off. But I just started carrying the fob in my pants pocket again (lost weight skinny jeans). And the fob I am using now has no other keys. So that may be why.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the last couple of days i've been getting the airbag symbol on my Gen Coupe. Not all the time and sometimes on and off. But I just started carrying the fob in my pants pocket again (lost weight skinny jeans). And the fob I am using now has no other keys. So that may be why.
Yeah could be, I think mine were in my coat pocket I'd piled a couple heavyish bags onto after I got in. Service mgr also pointed out the possibility of it happening if someones got the spare key fob in their handbag and stuff presses against it. I don't doubt the guy, he recognized what I was talking about right away and didn't seem the type to accept a bs explanation when troubleshooting something. Sensitive keyfob buttons i guess

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah could be, I think mine were in my coat pocket I'd piled a couple heavyish bags onto after I got in. Service mgr also pointed out the possibility of it happening if someones got the spare key fob in their handbag and stuff presses against it. I don't doubt the guy, he recognized what I was talking about right away and didn't seem the type to accept a bs explanation when troubleshooting something. Sensitive keyfob buttons i guess
Keyless ignition is the devil so I thought keeping them in coat pocket was the best way to go. Time to pick up a new carabiner clip from Harbor Freight I guess hah

81 - 91 of 91 Posts