Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I installed Corbeau seats in my 2015 genesis coupe. After installing them, every minute or so, the seatbelt light and chime come on for 10 seconds then turn off. I still have the stock seatbelts. Is there any way to turn off the chime?

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
Earlier today I installed Corbeau seats in my 2015 genesis coupe. After installing them, every minute or so, the seatbelt light and chime come on for 10 seconds then turn off. I still have the stock seatbelts. Is there any way to turn off the chime?
You know... those wires under the passenger seat served a purpose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From what I’ve seen and read one was for the power seat which I no longer have, one is for the side airbag which I no longer have, and the other wire goes into the seatbelt. I tried transferring the seatbelt wire to the new seat but the Chime still goes off

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
From what I’ve seen and read one was for the power seat which I no longer have, one is for the side airbag which I no longer have, and the other wire goes into the seatbelt. I tried transferring the seatbelt wire to the new seat but the Chime still goes off
Why would the seat belt wiring go through the seat? You saw when you had the seats out, how the seat belts don't even go through the seats.

There is a passenger seat occupancy sensor built into the stock seat. All cars within about 15 years have had this.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,184 Posts
It's generally just grounded when the seat belt is connected. So test by grounding the wire, chime should stay off. If not then you need to see where the wire goes to check at that end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts