• Total voters
201 - 220 of 4874 Posts

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Personally I'm looking for a car that could beat a Mustang, not a 911! If GC came withthe V8 with great opportunity for an upgrade like a Shelby, at that moment I will trade my V6 for this one! But for sure I want more power in mine, so a V8 or a V6 with more then 450hp will be welcome for me!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
there's no way hyundai's gonna get significantly more power out of this V6. I doubt they're going to change the engine for 2012, maybe a facelift and MAYBE a little more power for the 4 cylinder model.
They might open up the intake and exhaust a bit while adding D/I and I can bet it will make a extra 25-40 hp. The engine IMO needs more torque than horsepower so I could care less if it made 25hp with 25 lbtq.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Tuscanito: Why are you so defensive? Every post you have includes the word moron in it. Is it because you have a short range of words in your vocabulary? Relax. Just because others views/opinions are not the same as yours, means you can try and belittle them or be a J.A towards them.

A few things that were brought up in this discussion...

1). The new 5.0 mustang. I honestly don't know why a few of you believe that the genesis should compete with the mustang gt. They are not even in the same league. It would take over 400 horsepower to even try and compete with it. The genesis needs to be able to compete with it's own kind....first...like the wrx, the sti, the evo, the cobalt...ect... The genesis is slower than each one of these stock and mod for mod, is still slower than each of these 4 cylinder cars.

"One must crawl before they walk and one must walk before they run"

Hyundai has a good thing going for them. They don't need to rush things and mess it up. What happens if a baby gets up, isn't that great at walking, yet tries to run? They fall. If hyundai rushes things, they could take 2 steps back.

2). Power: Don't expect 275 horsepower and certainly don't expect 350 horsepower. I could maybe see 250 horsepower and 330 horsepower at most. Why? At 250 horsepower, the genesis coupe would be close to competing with the wrx and the cobalt. Obviously they need a more aggressive gearing, so that would definitely help, if it were to get 250 horsepower. Now, for the 330 horsepower genesis coupe...here is why I think it would only get a bump to that much...it would be able to compete with the g37 and the 370z.

3). Hyundai...Power...super car. Those three words should never be used in the same sentence. EVER.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
In all honesty, I'm not extremely excited for it. Then again I have had an on and off again love affair with Hyundai's so I didn't need much swaying with the current GC.

The only thing I *might* consider is the V6 as I had originally wanted 350 whp from a RWD coupe. IF GDI gets me to under that, tack on a intake / header / exhaust and bring it within the 350 whp that could kill the 2.0T for good for me. The problem is I don't see myself owning another coupe ever again. This is my mid life crisis as I don't plan on living much past 50 anyway.

·
Banned
2,387 Posts
Tuscanito: Why are you so defensive? Every post you have includes the word moron in it. Is it because you have a short range of words in your vocabulary? Relax. Just because others views/opinions are not the same as yours, means you can try and belittle them or be a J.A towards them.

A few things that were brought up in this discussion...

1). The new 5.0 mustang. I honestly don't know why a few of you believe that the genesis should compete with the mustang gt. They are not even in the same league. It would take over 400 horsepower to even try and compete with it. The genesis needs to be able to compete with it's own kind....first...like the wrx, the sti, the evo, the cobalt...ect... The genesis is slower than each one of these stock and mod for mod, is still slower than each of these 4 cylinder cars.

"One must crawl before they walk and one must walk before they run"

Hyundai has a good thing going for them. They don't need to rush things and mess it up. What happens if a baby gets up, isn't that great at walking, yet tries to run? They fall. If hyundai rushes things, they could take 2 steps back.

2). Power: Don't expect 275 horsepower and certainly don't expect 350 horsepower. I could maybe see 250 horsepower and 330 horsepower at most. Why? At 250 horsepower, the genesis coupe would be close to competing with the wrx and the cobalt. Obviously they need a more aggressive gearing, so that would definitely help, if it were to get 250 horsepower. Now, for the 330 horsepower genesis coupe...here is why I think it would only get a bump to that much...it would be able to compete with the g37 and the 370z.

3). Hyundai...Power...super car. Those three words should never be used in the same sentence. EVER.

Please remove that Italicize.

The 5.0 and M3 was brought up to prove a point, that a budget car can keep up with a real car.
Nobody here expects a Genesis to keep with a GT!! Read the comments, we want the power but nobody expects it. Nobody can honestly say that Hyundai WILL boost a Genesis, not even as an idea. That's how ****ing conservative Hyundai is.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
^ No. I will not remove it. This is how I chose to write. Get over it.

Secondly, apparently you don't read very well.

I am not going to elaborate and waste my time doing so. Some of us actually have a job where we can't stay on our computer all day and be on here. Time to get ready for work.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
DTG, have you ever thought why Hyundai would make the Gencoupe produce 250hp yet they have a sonata that makes more? That's the only part of your post that doesn't make sense.

·
Banned
2,387 Posts
I think you're incorrect.
If the Genesis 2.0 gets the same engine as the Sonata 2.0, and the GC has a lower bhp than the sonata..what kind of message would that send to the consumers?
More over, even if the GC had 330bhp (V6) it won't hold its own with a 370z. The z has better gearing and more features that help it excel. Like the 7-spd auto, which is faster than the manual transmission.
I doubt GC is gunning for the 370z.
As far as WRX, EVO and SS..you'll choose three cheapest and most widely used track toys and say that Hyundai is gunning for them? I know GC will keep up with it in a straight line but not on the track unless they did more suspension modifications than what's already been done.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
nope, I want BMW E92 M3 performance for $30,000. What's wrong with that? :dunno:
The M3 is THE car. The closer that Hyundai can come to the M3 in styling, feel, and performance the closer we will be to the perfect car. I think right now the GC performs on par w/ a 5 year old M3 w/o having quite the looks or status. But it's comparitively reliable and has better technology as well. Honestly if Hyundai classed up the trunk lid and the grill a bit it would be very comparable to the 3 series in looks inside and out. In performance the GC already stomps the standard 3 series that costs $13K more.

I can do w/o the V8 in the GC as I prefer a lithe V6 for a great balance of performance & mpg. I'd prefer that Hyundai focus their engineering might on getting more performance (power & mpg) out of the little V6. If the GC gets a big slugger of a V8 it's just a different kind of car altogether.

I understand that the Mustang has a lot of power for the money (honestly I speced one to match my GC and it was $9K more w/ the 5.0) but it's a different kind of car. A Mustang w/ a V6 is lame. It looks like a power car so it HAS to be one. The GC is an import car w/ a different set of rules and a tarted up V6 is fantastic in the GC platform.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
IMHO the 3 series is not a looker. It's very simple and understated. The GC is hotter looking even with that grille that can be replaced. But when it comes to refinement that's another story.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I enjoyed this thread until page 4.

Its gone down the crapper someone wanna revive it??? lol
Ban Tuscanito or at least buy the kid a dictionary to expand his vocab, possibly a razor as he obviously has some anger issues...

----

on topic, simply use what they have 3.8L GDI, and keep tweaking the platform they have. No need for any V8...

They have a V6 and I4, making too much change by adding a V8 will kill anything they are trying to accomplish with this car. Let the aftermarket toss in superchargers and turbos. I would buy a forced induction V6 before dropping a single penny on a V8.

Until there are actual V6 owners willing to to show they like the platform and start investing in performance, I don't see a reason for a V8.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I find the base 3 series a little plain. But w/ the factory lowering, bulging fenders, hood hump, etc... of the M3 it looks just perfect imo.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
People want a V8 mainly for horsepower wars and drag strip credentials.
In all honesty, half the reason I want a V8 is for the sound :) Factory backed 400+hp is also a good reason. If they did come out with a V8 coupe it's one I could slap on I/H/E and call it a day. The V6 and 2.0T just don't have that capability.

201 - 220 of 4874 Posts