Votes: 151 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 342 69.4%

• Total voters
4861 - 4874 of 4874 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Posted a new thread, since this one went way off topic. :) Stickied at the top.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
No, but I'm amazed by your cocky and uneducated response. You don't know much about cars from a technical standpoint and it shows. I can't wait to pick you apart.

(Rest of it was deleted to cut down on length...it's on page 215 if you want to read it..not that anybody cares..this is fore my own personal amusement)

Nothing at all in this statement makes any sense. I am so obviously done with you. And yeah, I'm pretty sure you're drunk.

Oh mang! I wish I'd logged on in the last month to actually answer this in a timely fashion. Bad troll is bad!

Hoookay...where to start.

I'm sorry you mistook my attitude for "cocky". That wasn't my intention. My intention was "sarcastic, belittling, confrontational, and condescending". Frankly, at this point, I can't remember why I didn't like your post originally, but I distinctly remember being extremely contemptuous of your thoughts...(no offense of course). By the way, I'm not the forum mayor...but I'm running for office, can I count on your vote??? Yes, you had an opinion...and I had an opinion about your opinion...welcome to a forum. Why do I have to shut up if you get to talk. I'm rubber you're glue...nanny nanny boo boo!

Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, Mazda and Lotus (I could name more) all make sports cars with 200hp or less that are capable of hitting such speeds. They all use spoilers, diffusers and air dams of various sorts for high speed stability! My Acura TSX, which isn't a sports car, has 200hp and will reach speeds of 145mph...but it's aerodynamically designed for fuel economy and doesn't feel stable above ~100mph. Welcome to the 21st century...it's called AERODYNAMICS. Whether or not you're a "wreckless ass" for hitting these speeds is completely subjective and I could care less what you think is wreckless. The only fact that matters is if a car is designed as a sports car, and its intention is to reach such speeds, it's the manufacturers responsibility to make the car safe at that limit. Whether it's an airport runway, drag strip, sweeping canyon roads or long stretch of empty road is completely irrelevant.

I guess you missed the part where I said it was a 3000+lb curb weight car...last I checked, an rx7, a civic, a silvia, and an elise all weighed far less than 3500 lbs which is about where our cars sit...I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Thank you for neglecting to read and confusing the issue.

BTW it's "reckless", you definitely will not be "wreck-less" if you're driving your care at a buck thirty down a public highway...

The reason your car doesn't feel stable above 100mph is because it aint a racecar bud! It was never designed to be driven at triple digit speeds! I'll let you in on a little secret...neither were ours....and btw...it's not my definition of reckless...it's the police's definition (speeding in excess of 26 MPH or 20 MPH in some states is a major violation and is "reckless driving"...so if you'll re-read my post, i originally said that you won't hit 130 in quarter traps, and you probably won't be on a long enough, SAFE and LEGAL straight away to utilize whatever miniscule downforce your super duper aero vents are going to give you...

Furthermore, the manufacturer has no such responsibility. Government crash tests are done at 30mph...they're designed to be safe at legally driven speeds. You wanna go 130 in your hyundai...do so at your own risk. Just know your 5 star rating happened at 30mph...and you're going to die if you hit something. Keep making assumptions...it's working out so well for you.

Yes, people will be taking this car over 130+mph (and evasive maneuvers are a fact of life). And the new 3.8 will most definitely do it with little effort. For you to even say people won't, as if you have god's foresight, is foolish.

You're going to attack my intelligence, knowledge of cars, and accuse me of being a minor (how dare you accuse me of being a minor, i can vote and go to titty bars! AT THE SAME TIME IF I GD WANT TO SO THERE!) and then seriously post the above comment? Can I get a show of hands of how many members have taken their cars over 130 MPH without some pretty serious modifications? Thanks. Now can I get a show of hands of the number of members who have attempted evasive maneuvers at over 130 MPH (Jim wanted to raise his hand but he couldn't because he's DEAD because of it)...You're joking right? BTW "god" should be capitalized. Wouldn't want to make Him angry now would we? Show some respect to your elders...

If you want to go do 130 MPH "evasive maneuvers"...be my guest...but please call me first...that's something I want to see...

Please tell me you're 16 years old, just got your license and you're just learning about cars. Because that would explain everything. Take Porsche for example: They employ a mechanical spoiler that extends in phases depending on speed...starting at 60-70mph depending on the model. Spoilers can increase downforce at speeds well below 100mph. Take the Bugatti Veyron as tested by Top Gear. They use a "hot lap track" to test their cars and this track isn't even designed for high speeds. They ran a lap with mechanically extending spoiler on and off....spoiler off posted a considerably better time because downforce from the spoiler didn't slow the car down.

Okay I'm confused now. I made fun of you for saying aerodynamic vents...and you reply with "spoiler off posted...a better time because downforce...didn't slow the car down" and again, 60-70 is where they START to extend...I am familiar with porche spoilers...and of course it was on the chrysler crossfire which was a joint venture with daimler benz...wait..nvm I don't know anything about cars I'm a dumb 16 year old...sorry....

I guess you didn't think about the fact that a rear wing is placed where it is to actually extend it into smooth air up off the rear of the body since the car itself creates turbulence and a low pressure pocket behind the tail...and since when air hits the nose of a car...it shears and creates a low pressure pocket over the hood (where the vents are) as previously mentioned in SEVERAL posts which i assume you neglected to read...it would stand to reason that these vents are...pretty useless...and well, if there's low pressure and little actual airflow over the vents then...I guess that would make it kind of hard to have them be "aerodynamically functional" wouldn't it? :dunno:

EDIT: I'm not even going to try to hide it. Upon re-reading I noticed I made a mistake. I said LOW pressure instead of HIGH pressure. Air moving under the car along a flat surface has HIGHER pressure because it moves slower than the air passing over the top of the car because the air over the curved surface moves FASTER according to the laws of fluid dynamics. By the way...something else to address at the bottom of this concerning your "technical synopsis"...drag does not create lift. weight is the opposite of lift...drag is the opposite of thrust...more drag will simply kill fuel economy and drag limit the car at a lower speed. Now that I think about it, a more aerodynamic car (since essentially a car is shaped like an airfoil, curved on top and flat on the bottom) may actually INCREASE lift in addition to reducing drag if the proper steps aren't taken to keep air out from under the car...(we can discuss that later, i don't want to tax your brain too much at one time).

Now....if you want my technical opinion on the Genesis, I would say that because the new front-end is more opened up than before, it will create more full frontal drag, which will cause the front end to lift more than the current GC at high speeds. The hood spoilers/vents could be functional in helping to push the front end back down. Nobody would know for sure but the Hyundai Engineers...but I do know new cars designs are always tested in wind tunnels and a good car manufacture will mix function with flare...so the "vents" more than likely do have a purpose besides looks

This "full frontal" drag is new to me. Is that like "full frontal" nudity? If so...MOAR PLZ! Btw...front end lift is actually a result of air going under the car...having a sealed engine bay, and skid plates in addition to a lower stance is how you counteract lift...see...in aerodynamics..that thing I know nothing about because I'm young and retarded, when an object moves through an airstream, air is diverted around the object. Air flowing parallel to a flat surface has a lower pressure than air flowing past a curved surface. This creates "lift" which is how airplanes wings work. And it's why a downforce wing is an upside down airplane wing. It creates negative lift thus adhering a car more firmly to the road.

And last but not least. I s'pose that mix of function and flare is where the mustang hood vents, brake vents, and window louvers came from, where our stock fog surrounds came from, and (i'm sure you get my drift) every other piece of purely cosmetic body work on mass produced cars came from. These vents are like a girl with nipple rings...they don't do ****...but they make her look cool and edgy (at least in her own mind)...some people like them, some people thing they're disgusting...but either way I'm sure you can figure out a way to have fun playing with them.

FYI. I'm in my late twenties, I'm a white collared professional, and I'm completely comfortable with my knowledge of cars. If I don't know something, I'll ask, and I know I don't know everything. But the only thing you managed to do with your "rebuttal" was to demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension and inability to arrange your own thoughts in a logical and relevant way. Good day to you sir. P.S. Which part of my OP wasn't educated again? :confused:

And I will be the first to admit that :gc-wmsmiley-this-to but hopefully someone found it LOL funny because I was laughing while typing it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For everything else there is mastercard.

I must admit that I was cracking up and had to finish reading the post. I dont know how this was originally started...but thanks for the laugh indeed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm a complete douche bag who said a bunch of subjective douche bag things that didn't actually refute any of the factual points made in the original reply
BKED...you have the reading apprehension of a 3rd grader. You agreed with me on many of my points but said it in a way that was disagreeing. My guess is you didn't actually read every word and/or you are too stupid to understand my points. You belong in a Toyota Prius. Whether you realize it or not yet, that's who you are.

·
Om nom nom
650 Posts
BKED...you have the reading apprehension of a 3rd grader. You agreed with me on many of my points but said it in a way that was disagreeing. My guess is you didn't actually read every word and/or you are too stupid to understand my points. You belong in a Toyota Prius. Whether you realize it or not yet, that's who you are.
Reading APPREHENSION?! Maybe the word you're looking for is COMPREHENSION...and maybe your vocabulary needs a little bit of work :p ;)

Also, what does reading comprehension have anything to do with what car you should drive? And why do Prius drivers have poor reading comprehension? :dunno:

Sounds to me like someone's butthurt that they got their ass handed to :rofl:

·
i see dumb people evrywhr
235 Posts
Reading APPREHENSION?! Maybe the word you're looking for is COMPREHENSION...and maybe your vocabulary needs a little bit of work :p ;)

Also, what does reading comprehension have anything to do with what car you should drive? And why do Prius drivers have poor reading comprehension? :dunno:

Sounds to me like someone's butthurt that they got their ass handed to :rofl:
That happened to him before when he tried calling someone out and got owned. He's a troll. He can't admit when he's wrong and tries to find a way to be right. Don't feed the troll.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
but feeds teh trollz is teh funz0rz. U MAD BRO? :rofl: WINNING! Ummm, I think it started around page 215 of this thread it was a WHILE ago tho, we were talking about the hood vents, and I chided him because he showed up like 4 pages late and derailed the thread back to hood vents...I just haven't logged in in a long time. I've been here for like 2 years, I'm just under a different login now...

There's honestly no hard feelings, but it's the internet. If you open your mouth, and loggarheic flow of nonsense spews forth, you're gonna get called out. Especially on this particular forum

Whatnot should painfully recall sticking up for Evo+Supra+Coupe about a year or so ago as did I (under my other handle) only to find out he was posting pictures of other people's cars (notably a major SoCal supra tuning shop's owner's car LOL) and touting them as his own. He got called out real quick. Roffles, no hard feelings bud, but this ain't my first rodeo and I'm not a noobie. If my original retort was a tad harsh (I can't remember) then my apologies, but take it with a grain of salt. It's just the web bro...NBD But at the very least...when you get trolled, spell correctly, use the right words, and don't come back with "i know you are but what am i?" You just dig yourself into a hole.

BTW, to steal a sig..."I downshift next to hybrids so they can hear me killing the environment" :) Don't think I'll be in a prius anytime soon! Good day, sir!

·
Om nom nom
650 Posts
but feeds teh trollz is teh funz0rz. U MAD BRO? :rofl: WINNING! Ummm, I think it started around page 215 of this thread it was a WHILE ago tho, we were talking about the hood vents, and I chided him because he showed up like 4 pages late and derailed the thread back to hood vents...I just haven't logged in in a long time. I've been here for like 2 years, I'm just under a different login now...

There's honestly no hard feelings, but it's the internet. If you open your mouth, and loggarheic flow of nonsense spews forth, you're gonna get called out. Especially on this particular forum

Whatnot should painfully recall sticking up for Evo+Supra+Coupe about a year or so ago as did I (under my other handle) only to find out he was posting pictures of other people's cars (notably a major SoCal supra tuning shop's owner's car LOL) and touting them as his own. He got called out real quick. Roffles, no hard feelings bud, but this ain't my first rodeo and I'm not a noobie. If my original retort was a tad harsh (I can't remember) then my apologies, but take it with a grain of salt. It's just the web bro...NBD But at the very least...when you get trolled, spell correctly, use the right words, and don't come back with "i know you are but what am i?" You just dig yourself into a hole.

BTW, to steal a sig..."I downshift next to hybrids so they can hear me killing the environment" :) Don't think I'll be in a prius anytime soon! Good day, sir!
Is this yellow? :p

·
Mar uh bow two point oh
242 Posts
Hey does anybody know if there's been any changes to the endlinks or anything that would keep 11-12 suspension from working with the 13's or vice versa?

·
Registered
711 Posts
This last page is funny

4861 - 4874 of 4874 Posts