Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BH subframe from 2009-2010 4.6L models has been verified by Snoopy Panda to fit the BK(all years). One person has been driving with it installed in their coupe without a sway bar for a while now. Linear braces are available for it already and I've finished the design and test fitment of CNC sway bar adapters. A sample set is on the way from the producer and I expect to have the shipment in by the end of the May.

- 6061 aluminum, black anodized
- Requires drilling in one spot for a support bolt
- Final details of the kit contents and installation method are being completed now
- Designed with participation from Snoopy Panda

Why? 4-bolt diff mount on a subframe designed by Hyundai for the V8. No clamshell partially welded rails. Mostly welded tube with much beefier gusseting, especially around the diff mount.

Pre-orders are available now via my web store.

Snoopy Panda will be reviewing and installing the kit soon on the 'sedoupe' project

·
shorttrack
1,701 Posts
It is good that you and snoopy take the time to figure worthwhile mods out such as these .

Reactions: Ryengoth

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice! Is this the kit with the "heavy duty" installation method? I recall there was a plan to use nutserts for a light-duty installation. Watching the video, I just see you using the bronze bushings and big bolts, no nutserts. Has the light-duty installation option been eliminated altogether?

We were definitely looking to use the heavy duty installation method for Project Hoondy. Trying to get confirmation on what happened with the whole mounting deal before we commit to an order.

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Is this the kit with the "heavy duty" installation method? I recall there was a plan to use nutserts for a light-duty installation. Watching the video, I just see you using the bronze bushings and big bolts, no nutserts. Has the light-duty installation option been eliminated altogether?

We were definitely looking to use the heavy duty installation method for Project Hoondy. Trying to get confirmation on what happened with the whole mounting deal before we commit to an order.
What you see in the installation video is the Sport kit. The adapter rests on the OE sway bar mount and the middle support will rest on a bronze bushing supported by a class 12.9 shoulder bolt that goes all the way through the OE mount. It's unlikely that the adapter will fail even without the support bolt installed due the to design of the adapter, but knowing how hard some people corner (driving skill aside) I don't want to take any chances on it.

The Race kit will be a customer spec'd option. I'll use the same base design and have a solid support leg cut to whatever length and depth is needed. The material choice is up to the customer so pricing will vary. I honestly don't think anyone on this group will need anything stronger than the Sport kit but if you plan on severely hammering the control arms and sway links shoot me an email and we'll discuss material options and pricing.

·
Philly
149 Posts
So you only need this kit with a Sedan rear subframe to complete the swap?

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you only need this kit with a Sedan rear subframe to complete the swap?
For the stated v8 sedan years, yes. Newer models for the 4.6L may fit but no one has done a test install to verify the arm mounts. You can install the sedan subframe without the sway bar and one person has been running it that way for a while now in a BK1 IIRC. My subframe has to go off for powder coating before I can install it. Installing PSM lower arms on it to go with the coilovers already there.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Probably been asked a few times. Where are you guys getting your subframes?

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably been asked a few times. Where are you guys getting your subframes?
I've bought a couple off eBay for under $100 but it's a mixed bag as to what you'll get quality-wise even for $300. My first one looks brand new, BUT I managed to bend the rear diff mount pushing out bushings. The second appears to have spent 10 years in New England winters and I have to get it blasted and powder coated.

Jesus Acosta is the Snoopy Panda preferred used parts dealer and he's been picking them up along the way. [email protected]

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First two kits are on their way. I have 4 more kits waiting on the 3D printer to finish. Snoopy will have his video up soon with a review and install demo.

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My BH subframe has had the adapters fit, diff bushings removed and is ready for blast and coat. Dropping it off at Area 51 in Wilmington next week. Pics and video soon of the final assembly and coupe re-install with PSM upper/lower control arms and Eibach rear sway bar.

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 more kits are ready to ship. Packing up 2 more tonight for a total of 4 ready to go.

Tomorrow is the LAST day for the $250 promo price!
Redeem "snoopypanda01" coupon for another $25 off.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quick question regarding the Genesis Sedan 4.6L rear subframe. I'm in the midst of my search and found one local. It hasn't been removed yet, but is on hold, will be available for me on Wednesday.

In regards to my question. The online part search/person at the sales desk reports that it is a 2011 4.6L rear crossmember thru 4/6/11, electric parking brake. I was wondering if this is correct as there seems to be have been an update and thus resulting in different versions.

EDIT - when doing the search for the part using their salvage website, the year 2010 also yields the same result/subframe.

·
TmVlZCBTcGVlZAo=
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 2009 and 2010 4.6L model have been verified. If the 2010 version was used half-way through 2011 then it should work. Someone will need to verify the late-2011,2012 subframe if that's the case.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts