Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
He's comparing a Genesis to a fwd sporty car no reason to be sad it's a dumb comparison.

I'd say it depends on the area you live in everyone seems to want my 2010 lol
I was comparing it to the last sporty hyundai car...

comparison still holds true. Tiburon arent sought after, GCs arent sought after. Neither will be a collectors car.

Edit: What area are you that 2010 is desired? I can go on cars.com and find about 50 GCs within a 200 mile radius. cant do that with a highly sought after car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a hard time finding my Genesis coupe new.

So just out of curiosity I looked for used Genesis coupes within 200 miles of my area on cars.com. Looking for an r spec there is only one. Opened my search up to include all manuals added a track and ultimate. One of which was totalled. All three cars are bk2s.

I'm not saying it's a sought after car but it can be hard to find a nice one if you're picky.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We don't have a lot of them in my area either and mine was the last 2016 bk2 at my dealership, I believe. I bought it back in January.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was comparing it to the last sporty hyundai car...

comparison still holds true. Tiburon arent sought after, GCs arent sought after. Neither will be a collectors car.

Edit: What area are you that 2010 is desired? I can go on cars.com and find about 50 GCs within a 200 mile radius. cant do that with a highly sought after car.
Your comparing a sporty car to a sports car end of story it's a stupid comparison.

Edit: I don't know if you were stock I'd have to assume so looking at you sig but you having been a 2.0 owner I can see why your comparing it to a tib lol you shoulda bought the 3.8 man that's the real sport car. (No offense to 2.0 owners I know they can get some power modded)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Your comparing a sporty car to a sports car end of story it's a stupid comparison.

Edit: I don't know if you were stock I'd have to assume so looking at you sig but you having been a 2.0 owner I can see why your comparing it to a tib lol you shoulda bought the 3.8 man that's the real sport car. (No offense to 2.0 owners I know they can get some power modded)
like i said, its not a sought after car. sought after cars are Supras, S2ks, etc in this demographic (import tuners). the sought after cars were overengineered and had huge aftermarket support while still in production. The GC has been underengineered and has very little aftermarket support while in production.

and yes my 2.0 was heavily modded and probably made way more power than your 3.8 did unless your turbod, but id love to hear how your 3.8 is the real sports car :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
like i said, its not a sought after car. sought after cars are Supras, S2ks, etc in this demographic (import tuners). the sought after cars were overengineered and had huge aftermarket support while still in production. The GC has been underengineered and has very little aftermarket support while in production.

and yes my 2.0 was heavily modded and probably made way more power than your 3.8 did unless your turbod, but id love to hear how your 3.8 is the real sports car :wink:
Point still stands but to answer your question mine is the real sports car cause yours is dead

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Point still stands but to answer your question mine is the real sports car cause yours is dead
touche

but how does it compare to my sport sedan?

Not many cars become sought after, and even rarer are newer cars sought after once production stops. Evo X, not really sought after. Evo 7/8s more sought after. Even this n54 twin turbo BMW i have isnt really sought after and its an engine that can handle 800hp without any work done to it.

some of the more expensive cars (BMW Ms, porsches, Merc AMG, Audi S) become sought after but more of that is due to they become cheaper and more people can afford them. The GC may be "sought" after by younger or less wealthy people after time, but I dont see anywhere that an enthusiast will seek out a GC. While there were a lot of great things about them, they had a ton of issues as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It doesn't compare to your bmw but hey there will always be someone faster depends on the amount of money and time your willing to drop :) nice car

81 - 88 of 88 Posts