Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SEIBON: Carbon Fiber OEM, TS Hoods and Trunks | Shave 75lbs!

East Coast Speed and Sound is now working with SEIBON, and we'd like to pass on these great deals to you!
We need to build sales, to make room for the new 370Z hoods, so Genesis Coupe members are going to benefit from this clearance sale.

OEM Carbon Fiber Hood - 19lbs

MSRP: $600+SH
GenCoupe Special until 12/31: $435.50+SH

TS Style Carbon Fiber Hood - 21lbs

MSRP: $800+SH
GenCoupe Special until 12/31: $562.50+SH

OEM Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid - 24lbs

MSRP: $760+SH
GenCoupe Special until 12/31: $548.50+SH

Shipping:
Below are all rates for shipping to a business -
West Coast $100 (incl. residence)
Mid-West $125
East Coast $135
Local Pick-Up (near LA) $50 fee.

+$25 to a residence. All packages will be shipped from either Seibon direct or from a warehouse we use to stock in CA (near LA). All packages will also be inspected before shipment to assure packaging is suitable for shipping an damages are not present.

Sale will most likely end around 12/31/2009, end of this year.

We will be shipping ALL hoods within 1-3 days of ordering/confirmation of receipt.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, or installed pics they'd like to share :)

Thank you all for viewing,
AJ
ECSpeedSound

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do, shipping rates for our contracted freight company are pretty much double...

business, I'll ship for $275. if it's less once we are billed, I can refund the difference. or if you have a good Canadian freight company, you can pick up a hood from my warehouse or Seibon, and ship to you. $30 fee.. you pay the freight whatever shipping they charge.

Let me know, I'd like to work something out :)

-AJ

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Are the fitment issues fixed on the hoods?
I have the Seibon TS hood and there is still the minor gap above the drive side headlight . . . .nothing I have done reduces that.

Nothing more that what people are experiencing with the stock OEM hood.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the fitment issues fixed on the hoods?
That is a good question, and I will find out.. was this a one item/special case, or was this on all hoods?

I have the Seibon TS hood and there is still the minor gap above the drive side headlight . . . .nothing I have done reduces that.

Nothing more that what people are experiencing with the stock OEM hood.
Have you tried hood pins or adjusting the hood?
Can you post installed pics of the hood for us, I'd appreciate it :) (Not the gap of course lol)

-AJ

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it true you should always use hood pins on carbon hoods?
My opinion... no.

Manufacturers require/recommend it as they don't want to be held liable in teh event that your hood flies off during driving. I personally haven't seen/heard of it happening, but obviously it has happened, or hood pins would not have been invented lol.

·
F19x9ET-10 R19x10ET-20
1,290 Posts
After watching several videos on "hood pins issues" on youtube...i think i'm seriously considering on getting a set. Although i dont think they're too big of an issue of having unless your on the highway constantly but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

ECS Speed Sound - do you sell any? I checked out your website and i didnt see any.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our website is nowhere near done.. far from it. We do offer hood pins, but it is a high end brand and they're on ebay for like 75% less than our COST..lol

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
i dont get it. How come shipping to the east coast is more expensive? If your called East Coast Speed and Sound ? shipping still 135 for TWO things or 135 for EACH?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We stock all Seibon parts at a warehouse in Socal.. I stated in teh first post. It would only drive up our costs to stock Seibon parts here due to re-shipping the hoods.

We can even ship from Seibon direct, if my warehouse doesn't have it in stock.

-AJ

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
I know it's probably posted somewhere, but what were the weights on the stock pieces? You posted the Seibon weights but not OEM.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts