Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m relatively new to the forums but I’ve been reading posts here for months already on this issue and never found an exact solution.
On stock ecu my car ran fine. Once I installed the sfr stage 1.5 ecu on my 2010 manual, I had an ongoing issue.

With Sfr stage 1.5 I normally peak around 18 psi but while on full throttle the boost seams to be dropping psi by the second while rpm rising. Also sometimes when I floor it, my boost peaks at 6 sometimes 8 psi, or 10psi UNTIL I turn off the car and back on then it’s normal until it happens again in a minute. Also I get the code p2261 so I’m guessing it’s because of my wastegate or bov. I have an hks bov on stock location but it works fine. I have a feeling the person I bought the car from tampered with the “wastegate arm” to build free boost but I’m not sure and searched about this in the forums which leads to sfr tune issues. Anyways I’ve tried adjusting the wastegate back to normal but seems impossible to get the exact measurement. Anyone dealt with this or has any idea how to fix this? Been months and no solution thanks !!

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
on the BK 1, it's possibly the wastegate solenoid.

those wear out over time, or the solenoid is getting hot with the new tune.
6~8 psi is about wastegate spring pressure.

What I do to get it to about stock preload is back out the arm until it can fit with no effort
Then back in about 2 or 2.3 turns.

EDIT: Typo, I meant 2.5 turns

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the BK 1, it's possibly the wastegate solenoid.

those wear out over time, or the solenoid is getting hot with the new tune.
6~8 psi is about wastegate spring pressure.

What I do to get it to about stock preload is back out the arm until it can fit with no effort
Then back in about 2 or 2.3 turns.
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll give the wga another try to turn it. If it doesn’t work I’ll try and buy a new wastegate solenoid, Hopefully that does it and I’ll update this thread once i do so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts