Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
EJMotorsports
621 Posts
cant wait to see you guys this afternoon to get my reflash! all i know is it should be a fun ride home. i know it was with the sfr 7ism axleback :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jay: PM'd with a question.

I'm looking forward to hearing testimonials!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hey guys so I m on the jersey tpke right now on my way back from sfr with my reflash, first off let me tell u jay n cfella are awesome guys with one of the best customer service ever. Now I started my trip from long island at 715 today n got to sfr at 10. They started my car shortly after and was done in about 30 mins. But I didn't want to leave after a 3 hr drive so I chilled with them until 3 lol. The whole time I was chilling with them and taking pictures of mine cfella and jays car :). I even ended up buyin a lip which I didn't even no I was going to lol.

But now for the reflash I test drove it for 5 mins wen it was done n I felt the difference right away I tap the gas and you felt the ass end slipping and my car never did thsat,aslo the throttle response is amazing touch it and it goes. Now when I left the shop I hit some main highways n holyy shitt my car pulls every gear its so crazyy. Can be cruising is 4 n tap the gas n its gone :) another thing I notice wen ur just cruising with you foot lightly the car just wants to go I never felt that before lol. So far I m so happy with it and I wanted to thank sfr for hooking me up. Also anyone one thinking about this should if you don't you ll miss out big time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ditto 1badgenesis. Got hooked up and they delivered with excellent service. First thing I noticed is I spun the rear a little (with the ESC on) out of their lot. Throttle reponse is amazing, wants to run run run. I previously had NSPP and it made a bit of difference in the upper revs- this thing wakes it up across the board. So once I got used to the new power, I shut off the ESC and I can consistently let loose the rear end on take offs- and without even going full WOT. I found it hitting redline so fast I wasn't keeping up with my shifts (tip tronic). Everything that is supposed to work does (cruise control, paddle shifters, etc.). cudos.

·
EJMotorsports
621 Posts
Jay once again i have to thank you. I didnt think anything would be better than the 7ism axleback i got from you. Your the man for staying around to reflash my car after i got done work! All i have to say about the reflash is HOLY CRAP! as soon as i left the lot for the test drive i instantly felt the differance. turbo seems to spool up quicker and i wasnt expecting to be thrown back into the seat like i was. The drive home was a very fun one. The car pulls in every gear. i couldnt believe that when i was in 5th and punched it the car just took off. only think i noticed on my drive home that i wasnt sure about was i was getting a little shutter noise from the forge blow of valve. i might just have to put a stiffer spring in there now. other than that you guys have once again made my day!

For anyone thinking of getting the reflash i just want to say that just reading about how good this is doesnt compair to how it really is. its sooo much better than i expected. :)

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Thank you guys
It was great meeting you guys!
Hope you guys have fun with new tunes.

Anyways, tour day 2 has started
We only had total of 5 hours sleep in 3 days, but we are pumped up for the custom tunes today!
See some of you guys soon!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just got back to NJ from the SFR dyno tuning event at PSI Performance in Lansdale, PA. I'll give you guys some preliminary specs and thoughts. Dyno charts and videos will be posted shortly.

Jay, Andrew, and the rest of the SFR crew are really great guys. They were all very professional and knowledgeable. They took the time to explain what was going into the tune and reviewing the dyno results. I am NOT a newb, so I can say with certainty that these guys DO know very well what the are doing. Many thanks SFR!

All I can say about the custome tune is that it is AWESOME! The baseline run with the parts listed in my sig posted 203 max pwr & 208 max tq. After two runs and a few adjustments, those number increased to 232 max pwr & 272 max tq. At 3300 RPMS (not even max), the tune showed a 100 tq gain over the baseline run! This tune definitely exceeded my expectations. AFRs level out at about 12.5. Jay explained that he could have leaned it out more to make more power, but that would stress the stock injectors too much and cause reliability issues. Of course, I agreed with his assessment before he even said it, so it's all good. I'll be adding 550ccs in a few weeks to that I can squeeze a little more power out.

Some other noteworthy items include the following:
- Rev hang is completely gone
- Traction control can be completely disabled
- Rev Limit has been rasied to 7000 RPMs (the car will get there fast if you don't pay attaention to your right foot!)
- Speed limiter is gone

Like I said, I will post dynos and videos shortly. I just got home so I haven't had the chance to get all of that stuff online yet, but I know a lot of you were looking for first impressions of the SFR tune. This tune is definitely worth paying attention to.

I did stay for most of the day to observe the results that others who attended achieved. I will leave it up to them to provide all of the details, but I will say this. The SFR tune made respectable gains for a broad range of vehicles that attended the event. While my GC may have been more modified by others, even those with simpe add-ons like intakes and exhausts showed marked improvement over the stock ECU programming. For those of you that may be on the fence with regard to this tune, I will say this...if the SFR tour is coming to your area, go with an open mind and check out the event. Talk to Jay and Andrew in person about the tune. See how the cars there perform on the dyno. Listen to the customers impressions of their cars after they road stest them for the first time. I'm confident that you will find that SFR knows what they are doing and have come up with a viable tuning solution for the Genesis Coupe.

·
Banned
0 Posts
well im home after going thr wrong way and fn getn pulld over and a ticket , i know few you are wondering how i mad out ,they got er going , dynod at 213whp 233torque

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks to Jay and the whole SFR Crew, also to the gencoupe members that was at the tour today. It was nice meeting everyone and seeing the cars get tuned. The car feels great and really responsive after the tune, so if anyone is around the tour areas where the SFR Crews are doing their tour. Go out and get your car tuned by SFR!!:D

·
Registered
360 Posts
well im home after going thr wrong way and fn getn pulld over and a ticket , i know few you are wondering how i mad out ,they got er going , dynod at 213whp 233torque
That's good new Curtis! I'm glad things worked out for you. Bummer about the ticket on the way home though...

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Thank you guys for coming out today!
We've also had a lot of fun and it was really nice meeting you all.

I will post some of the detailed dyno graphs and pictures for past days soon under media section :)
Thank you guys again and hope you guys enjoy the tune!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I see A LOT of a/t's getting tuned. Can someone driving a M/T tell me how the rev hang acts after this tune?
Rev hang is gone. Traction control can be completely turned off. Rev limit is rasied to 7000 RPMs, and speed limiter is gone.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts