Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
At this time of the year, the rush hour is pretty easy! I hope you won't have a lot of problem to came and be there earlier then that! like I said in your PM, I need to leave at noon! so 30 min. to do the custom reflash will be a little tight!

Hope to see you before that there! see you later...

· WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Slider and I are enroute. Should be there about 2ish

· Registered
25 Posts
I went to go pick up springs didnt know anything about the flash. Walked by a bunch of genesis coupes. Thought it was a meet. They convince me to get it done. A nice guy let me test drive his white 3.8 than i was like damn...Jumped on the band wagon..hahaha throttle response is wicked. Jay andrew, and his team are top notch. :D

· Jery Bizl
41 Posts
yeah wicked faster. had mine done on the 3rd rediculous difference. does anyone know if the torbo kicks in at a certain rpm range or by throtle percentage? im new to turbo but i always thought it was by rpm's. oh and if i dont get on the gas i gain like 3 mph till i gas it spool up then its like 16.lol totally worth it.

· 2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
You're welcome
It was nice meeting y'all and we did 11 cars today !!!
We ended up leaving at 11 pm and we are in the middle of nowhere

Just so you Montreal guys know....
We might br running late due to rush hours in the morning
We should be there by 11:30 AM the latest
See you guys
damn 11 pm, thats some crazy over time

Thanks to you and the team for the reflash

Great meeting everyone yesterday too.

I put a little review here for ppl that want to read about a stock auto 2.0t with the sfr reflash

http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/42430-stock-automatic-2-0t-sfr-reflash-review-new-post.html

· WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Jay says he should be here til 6

· Registered
712 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Mine was also flashed today and i'm really satisfied. Thanks to Jay and his team, truely nice and honest people. Jay is the man, the gentleman.

About the reflash:
- Power : Sorry I can't give you the so requested before and after numbers, dyno runs were too expensive that day for me, but i can certainly feel an improvement
- Traction control: It's when you see it completely off you understand where it wasn't. With the power gain I did had more wheelspin that i was used to (i always run with T/C off) and I needed to correct the rear a bit more, at first i thought 'what's going on with that rear...' and realised it was probably the T/C
- Throttle remapping : More agressive from the start, need to relearn how to launch but it feels a lot smoother this way
- Impact on shifting : That throttle tweaking did helped a lot on the shifting, every gear change is now perfectly smooth and natural for me (all depend on how you shift for sure, but for me it's now perfect)
- Fuel economy : no impact there, did a ~300km run back home and got the my avg gas mileage.

When you drive it, you see all the little extras adding up, ending being more important than the power gain alone. So stop looking for dyno's and numbers, give it a try. Jay has a pretty risk-free warranty anyway... that you won't need i'm pretty sure. I've seen the light today ;)

It was also very nice meeting some of other Gen owners out there. You guys are having serious cars there, thumbs up to everyone.

· The OG
7,942 Posts
This is just copied and pasted from another thread, but:

Good meeting all of you guys! It was a fun day and an even more fun drive home. Not that I was speeding or anything, but let's just say the upped rev limit and no speed governor is awesome. :D I really tested it out on the drive home and the throttle response is sweet.

Anyway, I just got back from the dyno and I got 259 HP and 229 TQ Mustang (285 HP and 252 Dynojet) on the "canned" reflash. I will have an overlay of stock, bolt-ons and tuned Monday. There was a big dyno day event today, that's why I don't have them now.

Thanks again to Jay and the SFR crew.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.