Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Actually we have recently added in house CNC machining to our shop's list of capabilities. So this is very much back on the table. Sound off if this is something you want to see made.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Actually we have recently added in house CNC machining to our shop's list of capabilities. So this is very much back on the table. Sound off if this is something you want to see made.
Are we talking an adjustable clutch rod or an adjustable clutch master cylinder? I think at the right price point it could garner a lot of interest.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Adjustable clutch rod and clutch master cylinder would be a outstanding Item to sell as the Gen Coupe has a known problem with the OEM stated Items : master cylinder and clutch rod.Get it to market and it will sell itself .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Made my own from NAPA store adjustable adj clutch rod for a 1983-1987 ford f150-f250 truck , a metal bushing and metric washer(spring type washer I flattened out some) from Ace Hardware . Had to thread the rod further and cut to size and cut the length of the metal Ace Hardware metal bushing ,done .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
For those wanting to make a adjustable clutch rod ,as you have read this thread comes the topic of how difficult it is to install said rod .Wrong! Best way to complete this task is to pull the clutch master cylinder out of the car (stop being lazy)and after installing new adj rod , re-install the clutch cylinder .Get the ss braided brake line also .No tranny crunching and easy smooth shift . NOW the Gen's tranny is up to the job of shifting without any trouble .Adjust the slack out (ever so slight pre-load) .Change the brake fluid to a good synthetic brand ,the Hyundai OEM fluid is junk .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
@titan2872 You should hop on this and make them like you do your leashes lol.
He can,I made 2 different types .Both work great and do not cost much .If 2872 PM's me I can explain to him what parts are needed .It is a item that hyundai should but won't offer as the tranny and clutch problems within the Gen Coupe platform ''IS'' caused by $hitty brake fluid and clutch rod slop play caused by thinning fluid and clutch wear over time and heat and air within the lines .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Made my own from NAPA store adjustable adj clutch rod for a 1983-1987 ford f150-f250 truck , a metal bushing and metric washer(spring type washer I flattened out some) from Ace Hardware . Had to thread the rod further and cut to size and cut the length of the metal Ace Hardware metal bushing ,done .
The metal bushing was used because the eye was too large for the clutch pedals mount .It was a PITA to drill the bushing's .375'' I.D. to a .403'' I.D. on my drill press because the ACE hardware bushings are hardened .Also it was longer than needed so I had to cut it's length down as well .The shaft of the ford adjustable clutch rod is a 1/4-28 thread pitch , you can either (save the thread length) cut it 2 '' long and weld it back together and hand grind the finish or use a die nut and thread the rod a 1/4 up to the tip and cut the unneeded threads .the clutch rod eye is .050'' thinner than the plastic OEM rod so I purchased a thin metric washer that fit .The washer mic'ed .047'' thick and the hole's I.D was the correct size .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
A custom adjustable mass produce clutch rod would be nice if the price came in at around $50.00 ,+0r- $10.00 .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
The install is easy to if you have the time and remove the clutch master cylinder from the car

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I added 1/4 inch of PRELOAD adjustment along with a SS braided clutch line and Valvoline Dot 3-4 SYNTHETIC brake fluid .Outstaning

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Is there any other benefit to this part beside adjusting where your clutch catches to a lower point on the pedal? My clutch catches in the upper 3/4 of the pedal and I like it but am still interested in what else this part has to offer.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
It's really up to personal preference and driving habits. This ACT clutch it has in this particular car grabs aggressive being 6 puck clutch so the owner didn't want to stall out grabbing right at the top.
Honestly I liked it too but again it's personal preference

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts

·
InitialDIYmods on YouTube
285 Posts
@shorttrack
Heres one that I made. I'm sure it looks similar to yours ;-)
I'm considering making a huge batch to sell and a DIY for how to install it in (about an hour time plus bleeding the clutch).

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
@shorttrack
I'm considering making a huge batch to sell and a DIY for how to install it in (about an hour time plus bleeding the clutch).

Job well done ,this is what I'm talking about.Members with the mechanical know how to take suggestions or any info and run with it to create good solutions that will help members or the GEN COUPE crowd with known problems that vendors are not willing or care to find a solution for to market . Sloppy clutch peddle play is a known problems with our cars .Your is how I made 1 of my 2 designs .Make it happen -The _ Engineer .Get up with me on PM ,I have other problem solving result I have completed for my Gen . PM me when you can Shorttrack ,And Bravo Sir .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
@shorttrack

Oh ,there is another much needed mod that goes along with adj clutch rod that is overlooked .I'll explain in my PM to you .

·
Registered
668 Posts
61 - 80 of 127 Posts